Hathway Problem.

• Thread starter Thread starter gandalf12
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 7,358

gandalf12

I was a user of Hathway Night 8 to 8, 256 Unlimited and used to get speeds of 24 to 28 KB/sec.Some days back I upgraded to Freeway Xtra, 24 hours, 256 Kbps Unlimited. Since upgradation of plan, I have been getting speeds of only 6 KB/sec. I regularly called up helpdesk for solution, but for two days they were just not ready to admit mistake from their side. After a huge email complaint to them, they started seeing the problem. Two days they spent observing my speed. Finally, when I thrashed the support on help line, they sent an engineer to my place to check. He confirmed the speed on his laptop, and he too was getting only 6 KB/sec. They have puut me on observation again for two three days, saying they will monitor my speed, inspite of him agreeing that problem is from their side and he himself criticizing Hathway. Almost one valuable week has passed, I have spent almost 100 rupees on phone calls to them, all the trouble, and complaint still not rectified.I am planning to go directly to Head office of hathway at Parel, and want to meet some responsible person. Can anyone tell me whom to meet, as they dont directly allow to meet. Also, I am going to ask him to compensate for all the trouble they have caused me, by atleast giving me a week or two of the plan for which I have already paid (Once they get the money, they dont care about customers).Do you think I am doing right by going to meet the main person there? Any other suggestions. SumeetAnd to add salt to the wound, I cant believe that just few weeks back, on a thread here for vote on best internet service provider, I myself voted for Hathway as the best. And now they are giving me the trouble I never imagined.

well i wud suggest u to go to the head office and just get ur concerns heard by the needed officials.thats wat i did when i had problems with hathway.. u threaten them that u will be shiftin to another ISP and they will listen more carefully..and abt the compensation... when i had shifted my house they hadnt disconnected my connection and were chargin me for 15days even when i wasnt using it... then i just blasted them and said what kind of service is this and blah blah blah....u too demand a compensation

Thanks guys, I was just waiting to know what others think about should I go to head office. And from the replies I am sure going there and plan to blast them up. There is no such thing as "Service" "Responsible" with these people. All these ISP's are a bunch of selfish people (Including Reliance, Tata) who intend to fill up only their pockets, and dont care about what they give back in service.I will post my experience here once I meet those selfcentred guysAnd I am sure going to take a sledgehammer with me.

sorry for l8 reply........but wht i must suggest do tit for tat.......first u tried callin and all your powers.........now wht i say is dont pay them or pay peanut to them....stating u ppl charge 1100 for 256....u got 6-7 kbps speed so u shdnt pay not mor than 300-400......if they tried to play tricks.........giv them some dhamki lik u know trai and ull complain abt them how u cheat ppl.........this intenet ppl do fear trai........if they givin alot problem dumb them........and yup right on every newspaper online site or complain forum abt them..............may b theyll loss another 2-3 future customer.......or so......i too on same plan but not facing prob of your sort.......btw i guess there is no login stuff lik cyberoam or so.........and u may b on modem..........if so then they fix the speed via there service point(whtever they say )

Thanks, all of you. I went and met the guys at Parel. I would not like to name him, but when I told him that I had 256 Kbps connection, and was gettig only 4 to 6 KB/sec he said "That's the best you can get. you cant expect more on 256 than 4 to 6 KB/sec" And that was enough. I knew I wasn't going to get much help there. I am sure the person didn't even know the difference between KB and kb. I demanded my full money back, but even there he said that he will check if that can be done! Anyways, I found help with a local engineer. He took full interest in my complaint, helped, and my problem was finally solved on 5th May, 06 and started getting speeds of 20 to 24 KB/sec. They made some changes in the backend. I had to change my IP addres four times, over a span of seven days. (I had speed problems since 20th April, and all Hathway people used to tell me was that : 1) 4 to 6 KB/sec is the expected speed for 256 connection!!! 2)The problem is at my end and not at their end, which was ultimately proven false, as that engineer had come with his laptop, and checked on that too and on that too, the speeds were 2 to 4 KB/sec 3)They asked me to restart it so many times. One guy even asked me to format and see. He said "Haan, theek hai, bas ek baar format kar lijiye, theek ho jayega" as if formatting and reinstalling was a small job). Anyways, finally things are stable, but I am going to ask them to extend my credit from 20th April to 5th May, as I did not get the promised speeds.I have paid for 6 months, and after that mostly, I will stop using Hathway and switch over to a new ISP. I have already spent some 200 rupees over 15 days calling these guys over and over again, and trtying to solve my problem.The moral of the story is, once you pay, you cannot be sure you will get service. These people do not have some sense of responsibility, that since they have been paid they have a duty to provide what they have promised. It's a shame. These companies ape everything from west, but they don't learn the most important part. If such a thing would happen in the US, I am sure the company would have to give some form of compensation atleast, in addition to a quick solution of problems.

You should never go for 6monthly or yearly plans..once u pay..ur locked..and noone returns the money..plus with new packages coming from ISPs like MTNL..U shud have ur options open..Edit: IMO, ofcourse.

Posted my frustrations with Hathway on this thread... Just thought of reposting here...

mazingly BAD experience with Hathway... the worst part the service has yet to be installed at my premises...

I am located in Hyderabad (Madhapur) and had Airtel Conenction. Recently shifted to a new area one kilometere away from my previous location (Vittal Rao Nagar in Madhapur). Unfortunately Airtel does not provide service there. I talked to Sify, Reliance noone gives the service in that location ohmy.gif ...BSNL landline installation will take 2-3 months.. so I only had two choices a) Hathway cool.gif Beam Cable ... I have used beam cable and it sucks.. i dont have more uglier words to express my opinions about Beam Cable... so frustrated I contacted Hathway. For two days they kept pestering me about the new connection, so finally I paid them the charges for a new connection on 11th May. And boy I did the mistake of my life.... the person (Mr. Shyam) promised me that the connetion will be up and running in 48 hours and 80% speed is guranteed. (I had earlier bad experiences about how ISPs cheat when they say speed up to 256 kbps... when they say "up to Xkbps"... it means speed can fluctuate from 0kbps to xkbps.. and usually it is at lower end mad.gif ...)... Mr. Shyam promised me that the minimum speed will be 80% ... i paid the amount and waited for 48 hours to pass... aftre three days i tried calling Mr. Shyam and his cell was "unreachable"... I waited another day and again his cell was unreachable. I called customer-care (040-55831313) and then I had to explain my entire story, which the person noted down, gave me a complaint number and thats it. Nothing happened. I called them again and a new person came, so I again had to explain my entire story.. he promised me that the technical person will call me soon. Then fortuantely I got a call from one tech guy, who said it will be done today evening. I thanked god saying that finally i will see internet ...... but that seemed to be too early...I called Mr. Shyam once again and luckily found himonline... I vented my frustration on him and finally he said till evening 4 pm the connection will be established. I kept on waiting .. and nothing then found Mr. Shyam's cell unreachable... called the customer care and had to expalin bloddy everything again... which finally led to technical guy coming to my home next day...he laid the cable with just hanging on the window... I compalined that I want a drill through the window and want the cable to be proprely pinned on the walls ... it should not hang... which will not allow me to close my window.. he forcefully closed the window.. but i insisted that i need that drill... (I have had earlier bad experiences with wire hanging through window... the cable sometimes gets cut and you suffer speed losses which even their techical persons are unable to figure our)... he said he dont have drill machine.. I said go and bring one... he said he will come back in one hour.. and nothing happened till next day... then again i had to call the customer care... there they transferred my call to technical departmetn... i talked to a senior lady who said... why dont you just allow us to install the modem and we will do the drilling at some later stage.. i said i dont believe her and want the drilling to be done before installing the modem... she tried toconvince me ... but i know what i am doing... so i kept on my thing... finally she said she will do that next day...still nothing.. i called customer care twice.. nothig..... today is 22 May and the installation is yet far from complete... .

I have become so frustrated that I dont know what should I do... Can I go to conusmer court against their false promises?

Just a warning.. in case you are in hyderabad living near Madhapur area... Hathway and Beam Cable should be your last choices.....

Ketan

Yes, Kmu, I agree with all that. Hathway is worse than hopeless. They dont help and they dont care. I hope they read all these threads. I am sure they must be knowing about this site. Look at BSNL website, they give an email of all persons, right from CMD down to the last person. Hathway people do not even let you meet the people at higher end. They just play catch catch with you like a ball, tossing here and there all the time, and of course, eat up all your money. That's the thing they will take with both hands spread out. And when it comes to service and responsibility, such words are not there in their dictionary.

QUOTE(gandalf12 @ May 23 2006, 09:42 PM) [snapback]52119[/snapback]
Yes, Kmu, I agree with all that. Hathway is worse than hopeless. They dont help and they dont care. I hope they read all these threads. I am sure they must be knowing about this site. Look at BSNL website, they give an email of all persons, right from CMD down to the last person. Hathway people do not even let you meet the people at higher end. They just play catch catch with you like a ball, tossing here and there all the time, and of course, eat up all your money. That's the thing they will take with both hands spread out. And when it comes to service and responsibility, such words are not there in their dictionary.
[/b]

Absolutely... thankfully I went to their office in hyderabad (Civil Supplies Bhavan Lane, Somajiguda) and blasted out about their poor services with the technical manager Mr. Kumaran (he was nice guy though). I came to know that mine was not the first incidence. I finally got my money back 🙂 after one hour of discussion with Mr. Kumaran.

first i guess if u ppl gets a lot of probs......then first thing u must do is threaten them to drag them to consumer court.................and ask for refund...better get out of it first.............hathway in all is not bad...but the distributer(local cable walas who provide)..ruins there name.......nyways its always better to check for reviews frm ppl ar your area via net(mouthshut reviews etc)

Guys,I'm MTNL braodband user and I usually get around 100 Kbps speed while usage. ALthough braodband shold give u ideally 256 I think 100 is still ok. But HATHWAY is HORRIBLE. Few days ago I enquired about hathway prepaid plan of 3 gb, 6 months validity , package costing around 2200. I asked them to waive the installation charges else get lost. Later they waived off installation charges and I got 6 months validity 3 gb pack at around 1500/-. But when I started using it, I thought I was using DIAL-UP, the speed was that pathetic. When I complained abt this, they gave me all that crap which some of us have already explained. But since few days I'm getting around 40-45 Kbps which is better that DIAL - UP only, and, by any standards is not a braodband speed. Actually they have more users now and less bandwidth, thats why this is happening, but why should we suffer for that. I'm really amazed that speed is so poor compared to MTNL. If speed increases in the coming days, I'll keep the connection , else I'll use my 3 GB and ask them to uninstall. As such I've nothing to loose here. In fact they have put in lot of efforts and men, material in installation.Guys you also threaten them that you would pull the plug if this continues

I am one of the most troubled customer of SICKEST connection called Hathway.I took Hathway, broad band connection in Bangalore, HSR layout, just 10 days back.Dont know, what magic, first two days, it worked. After that, everyday, we call up their customer service, cos there is no signal at all. From the second, day, we call them up almost three times a day, requesting, begging, threatening, pleading....hmmmmmmm NOWAY. .......They are stubborn, that, they will not provide what they promised, not even 10 kbps forget 256 kbps, once they received the payment. I wonder they have some tie up with BSNL or any land line, the number of calls they get to their customer service, they might get commission......probably that is their income.Bangaloreans !! Beware of HATHWAY broadband. They will put up stalls in ur street having all the marketing gimmicks. Finaly, U will end up repenting , .... only to look at the modem and blink, whether it will blink......or not !!!Better to go for good ones, even though cost may be higher. !!! HATH WAY -- IS -- WRATH WAY