hathway mumbai help plz

• Thread starter Thread starter diablo221
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,340
greets guys,

bought a new hathway connection 2 days ago. I am on the double dhamaka GiFon or whatever they name it plan, which is 150mbps giving me 2250gb of data a month. My problem is my pc has a gigabit lan card but it's only working at 100mbps even after changing it to 1gbps. The modem as per the hathway team is gigabit and so is the router, what could be it any clues

thanks

Check your wire. The wire from modem to router and from router to your PC must be minimum CAT5e cable. If it is just CAT5 then it will restrict your speeds to 100 Mbps. Every wire has written on it which category it belongs to. If your distance between these points is large, then go for CAT6 cable for peace of mind.

cheers for the reply it seems i have a cat6 but not sure why i can't get 1gbps going. The ethernet card is set to 1gbps as well, the isp guy too couldn't figure out why.

surely either (or both) your modem or router have only 100 mbps ports. did you manually force your ethernet LAN setting to 1 gbps? maybe thats an indication it does not support it. if you set it to "auto" what speed does it link?