Hathway is Dynamic IP or Static IP?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 24,606
D

Deleted member 63558

Hello, I want to know if Hathway is Dynamic IP or Static IP Broadband?

What does it mean: It means that if you re-start your router/modem. It gives you totally new Public IP Address.

How to check if you are not sure?

1. Go to: What Is My IP - The IP Address Experts - WhatIsMyIP.com ® and check your IP.

2. Turn off your router, modem or both if you have and wait for 5-10 minutes.

3. Turn on both and check your IP again on What Is My IP - The IP Address Experts - WhatIsMyIP.com ®

If IP is same both the time, it means it is Static IP. If it changed, It means it's Dynamic.

Please let me know the same and I'll be thankful to you.

BUMP.

Upvote 0
Hathway gives dynamic IP. They charge Rs100 extra per month for static IP

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

How reliable and regular their service is?

Do they have server downs, speed drops etc?

Do you live in Delhi?

Please let me know.

Upvote 0
How reliable and regular their service is?

Do they have server downs, speed drops etc?

Do you live in Delhi?

Please let me know.

I'm in Kolkata, so this might not help you, but I subscribed to Hathway earlier this month and I've gotten promised speeds (10 Mbps connection). I've been getting about 8-10 Mbps D/L and 0.9 Mbps U/L. Uptime has been 100%, but its only been around 11 days thus far.

Upvote 0
I'm in Kolkata, so this might not help you, but I subscribed to Hathway earlier this month and I've gotten promised speeds (10 Mbps connection). I've been getting about 8-10 Mbps D/L and 0.9 Mbps U/L. Uptime has been 100%, but its only been around 11 days thus far.

Yours is Dynamic IP or Static?

Upvote 0
Yours is Dynamic IP or Static?

Dynamic. Everybody gets a dynamic IP unless you pay extra for static, and that's pretty much the same across ISPs everywhere. 🙂

EDIT: BTW, now that I've used Hathway for almost a month, the only problem seems to be packet loss. Happened with BSNL as well, but not to the same extent. But on the upside, speeds are as advertized, uptime remains 100% and usage stats are not inflated unlike Airtel. All in all, great price-performance ratio compared to any other ISP in my city. You can read my full review here if you want to. 🙂

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dynamic. Everybody gets a dynamic IP unless you pay extra for static, and that's pretty much the same across ISPs everywhere. 🙂

EDIT: BTW, now that I've used Hathway for almost a month, the only problem seems to be packet loss. Happened with BSNL as well, but not to the same extent. But on the upside, speeds are as advertized, uptime remains 100% and usage stats are not inflated unlike Airtel. All in all, great price-performance ratio compared to any other ISP in my city. You can read my full review here if you want to. 🙂

Thanks for the reply back. Can you tell me two things?

1. Why do you get packet loss issue with Hathway?

2. How fast do you get Dynamic IP Address with Hathway? Do you get the new IP as soon as you restart the router or there is other way?

In Airtel you get new IPs as soon as you restart the router. So please explain me about Hathway.

Thanks

Upvote 0
1. You can check for packet loss in the command prompt in Windows. Google it. How do you know? Basically, sometimes when you see a webpage loads partially but not completely until you hit "Refresh" again, that's because of packet loss. The "Loading" circle in your browser keeps rotating but all elements of the page doesn't load. The data 'packets' that were sent by the server the first time, were lost in transit. 🙁

2. Immediately. Changing IP takes time if you're using third-party programs or if you're using a VPN etc. 🙂

Upvote 0
Hi, I'm not talking about third-party or VPN.

Just tell me specifically, If Hathway issues new Public IP right after the router restart?

Upvote 0