Hathway Internet! Works great for me!

• Thread starter Thread starter pawanrh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 21,678
Well I'll consider myself lucky until i'm left alone at this last point of connection with no one to share (not beyond limits at least)!And I dont think it'll affect my motherboard since its relatively isolated, electrically, thanks to the modem! The Modem will burn down for sure if somethin happens! But they'll replace it free for me! And just looking thru the forums, I guess all of you out there thought I was 'another' salesman, coz 'Sify Officer' fought with all his might to prove that sify is Good! :lol: BTW Which place in blr are u in?

Well I am familiar with Hathway cable internet access service too. But I was not aware that the public IP they give is restricted. In fact the techies out here were unable to tell me if they were blocking such use. I tried setting up a mail server on one of my friends home based Hathway connection and it just would not connect and when the helpdesk was queried they simply stated that it should work. Maybe they did not understand what was going on. These days most helpdesks are outsourced even in India and they are unbelievably incompetent. I was also never able to talk to a competent tech person at Hathway. On the whole typical crummy service provider. :angry:

well i have abused hathway alot in past here....since there normal cable line sucked up....i tried damn hard to get exatt in my area...but failed since its a strong based 4 hathway...and even siti is not ready to directly deal with us.....with no deal in hand..i decided to go 4 hathway broadband plan....evening 8-8....since i m a download freak.......i went for the plan...an i must say its a decent solution.....this month frm starting i have already downloaded already 13gb(point here is my night is frm night)..if it was day it would have already passed 25gb mark....anyways...now the good news is hathway is providing the same servicer as that of the topic maker...995 unlimited plan..i hav opted for it......yup it looks xpensive comparing to night plan 440(inclusive all tax)....but i guess ill b comfartable and might pay the bill by selling stuffs which i download ......btw this plan is called freeway regular...this plan is hidden....basically hathway gives this plan to there broadband user...who have used it for almost 3-4 months(unlimted package..lik mine......)...the only con i gues with hathway is.......blocks lan sharing..in area.....though i guess its good also.....since the virus sort of prob is not there...also since no other user in our building has the broadband plan(unlimited)..in short if u get this scheme go 4 it....exatt to provide same scheme at same r8....but there 5 hour downtime has become mor common this day.......hathway is simple...jus modem is placed to switch(motorola one)........and..other end to lan card....and done...no client........no driver issue(win xp recommended)

Phew! Someone to complement! Yup there wont be any sharing coz it basically aint on lan! Actually its better its not on LAN! And as for the Server is concerned, there are workarounds! Keep trying!And if you want to throw your money, they will open the ports for you at a deposit of 25,000 bucks per port! :lol: Crazy, as it may sound!

Originally posted by kmashraf@Aug 21 2005, 02:20 AM
Well I am familiar with Hathway cable internet access service too. But I was not aware that the public IP they give is restricted. In fact the techies out here were unable to tell me if they were blocking such use. I tried setting up a mail server on one of my friends home based Hathway connection and it just would not connect and when the helpdesk was queried they simply stated that it should work. Maybe they did not understand what was going on. These days most helpdesks are outsourced even in India and they are unbelievably incompetent. I was also never able to talk to a competent tech person at Hathway. On the whole typical crummy service provider.  :angry:
[snapback]22446[/snapback]
[/quote]

the Call centre guys suck but i must say the techniocal guys who call back aren't all that bad! Trust me, I keep questioning them! thats how I know these technicalities in here!