Hathway in Kolkata - Help with STB

• Thread starter Thread starter rayd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 11,504
ISP
Airtel
Recently Hathway launched in Kolkata. Our LCO changed to Hathway and installed a Skyworth C9000 STB in my house. But there seems to be some issues with the STB.
The EPG is only updated for 10 hrs. In some channels I can only see the channel number but no channel name. But one can see the video and audio. In one case the same channel is present in two different channel numbers.
Do I need to re-tune the STB?
There is no menu option in the STB to re-tune.
Can somebody help with any HOT-KEY option?

Can U give me Hathway Contact Number for Kolkata??is Hathway available in Saltlake and Rajarhat??

bhaskarkilli said:
Can U give me Hathway Contact Number for Kolkata??is Hathway available in Saltlake and Rajarhat??
I am yet get a Hathway Contact Number for Kolkata, trying for the same.
It is available in Salt Lake guess only thru LCOs, also it depends on the area of Salt Lake where LCOs are taking the Hathway signal. But a number LCOs are converting to Hathway from their previous MSO. Guess no direct connection from Hathway.

Good hathway has launched its independent/separate service in Kolkata. When it lauched ??? What happened to the joint venture between hathway and GTPL. Hathway has a presence in Kolkata with JV with GTPL, did they spilt ???

anishpai said:
Good hathway has launched its independent/separate service in Kolkata. When it lauched ??? What happened to the joint venture between hathway and GTPL. Hathway has a presence in Kolkata with JV with GTPL, did they spilt ???
They launched in November 2012 I guess. Not sure about the JV. But my uncle used to get their cable signal from the GTPL JV. And still now they are using the JV set top box.

So both Hathway and GTPL are operating side by side there. U have SD or HD connection of hathway ???

anishpai said:
So both Hathway and GTPL are operating side by side there. U have SD or HD connection of hathway ???
I have a SD connection.
I asked my LCO number of times for HD box but he is unable to provide me one, why I dont know. I also dont have a Hathway contact number in Kolkata. Though my LCO said there are HD channels. Not sure if Hathway launched HD services here in Kolkata. In the SD EPG I am unable to see any HD channel names.
Also the SD picture is not good. The EPG is screwed up, I started this post based on this. Number of channels dont have names.

Must be hathway hasn't started its services in full swing in Kolkata that is why there is no hd stb, wrong epg,missing channel name, etc. wait for some time they may start full service anytime soon. But still u must be getting 250+ channels there.

anishpai said:
Must be hathway hasn't started its services in full swing in Kolkata that is why there is no hd stb, wrong epg,missing channel name, etc. wait for some time they may start full service anytime soon. But still u must be getting 250+ channels there.
Yes, need to wait some more time for their service to start in full swing. Otherwise I will move to DTH as my HD TV is lying idle without HD signals .. 🙂
We do get more than 250 channels.

My LCO did the same they just moved to Hathway from Digicable after digi stop most of the channels because of consumer KYC, but the matter is Hathway SD quality is better then Digi in term of video, but there audio is poor, most of the channels audio are in MONO, I had set up some speakers for Healthy entertainment but everything goes wasted, and hathway also has all the weird south channel to increase their list. Once I emailed to them regarding the audio output but they never replied it back. if the same continue I have to move to DTH for some quality service.

rayd said:
Recently Hathway launched in Kolkata. Our LCO changed to Hathway and installed a Skyworth C9000 STB in my house. But there seems to be some issues with the STB.The EPG is only updated for 10 hrs. In some channels I can only see the channel number but no channel name. But one can see the video and audio. In one case the same channel is present in two different channel numbers.Do I need to re-tune the STB?There is no menu option in the STB to re-tune.Can somebody help with any HOT-KEY option?