Hathway HD set top box issue

ISP
Act Fibernet
Hi!!.... I'm new to these forums and I'd be glad if someone helped me out....My Hathway HD set top box all of a sudden got really slow as a result of which there's no audio from the HDMI port..... It happened before and the problem was fixed when the set top box was fast again.... Restart fixed it before.....But it doesn't fix it now....I tried resetting and Updating the set top box...Both didn't work....One fix was to clear the NV RAM .....can anyone tell me how to clear it's NV RAM or does anyone know any other fix?.....Thanks in advance....cheers!!!

If you have done the reset already, the only option is to go to Hathway service center(or ask your cable operator to give it to service center)

You can try resetting again. If it doesn't help, only service center can help you. May be you can ask your cable operator to provide you a temporary box until you get your box fixed.

There's another issue too.... Nothing is displayed for atleast one minute after you turn on your TV..... It also happens like this...While watching TV I turn off the TV(not the set top box)....when I turn the TV back on there will be no signal from the STB....It takes a minute.... How does the stb know that the TV is off and is it trying to save power?

TV sends the signal to STB when it turns on or off. May be STB tries to figure out the best resolution required for the TV resulting blank picture for long. You can try changing the HDMI cable and/or HDMI port on your TV and see if it helps.