Hathway HD in Borivali (SAI)

• Thread starter Thread starter HarshalKB
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 12,580
I had been to Hyderabad recently, Hathway SD box are superior as compared to the ones in Mumbai and only 175/month for all channels!!! Why they charge double to us in Mumbai!

I just called up the Hathway office, they said the HD services are started in the Borivali/Kandivali area and it is upto the local operator to give it to you. He also said there will be 16 HD channels in the package.

Already 16 are there or there will be 16 in the future? Any idea about which all channels?
I thought there were only 8, he said the Star package will be added.

There are only 8 currently. So was asking you, if you get a new connection, will it come with 16? 🙂 or you will get HD box with only 8 channels and it will be 16 channels in the near future?

Ask him which all channels

I will be visiting their office for Demo, its near to my house. Will take all info. I may go with the 8888 package with internet.

just got of the phone with hathway sales person he confirmed the addition of some more hd channels bringing the total to 16 hd channels which will be added in 3-4 days time i assume at least a week, he was not sure about which channels but he is going to find out which one and call me.hoping for a good news, all set to buy it after i see a demo of the news channels.

gopi bhai congo to u once again cos u will be among a few people who will start watching them as soon as they launch making it a valuable buy.
once again will request you to keep us updated about the same with the help of some channels pics.....
thanks in advance

----------

I will be visiting their office for Demo, its near to my house. Will take all info. I may go with the 8888 package with internet.

i too stay in borivali can i pls have your contact details so we can coordinate going there for demo and purchase

Ask him which all channels
I had been there on Sunday. Saw the Demo of channels on SD and HD. Its quite Good. But I was disappointed with the fact there will be only 8HD channels for now and the more will come soon. (But you all know "Hathway's coming soon !":crazy1🙂.
The local operator and Hathway have conflicts, may take more time to get started in our area. They were not able to tell me technically how superior the quality of SD channels be on HD box. Were also blank about the combo plans.:crazy1:

Is it worth paying 555/month for 8HD channels and rest SD channels. 255/for the 8HD channels!

555/month is based on the annual price pack of 6666 which includes the HD box. What would be the cost of box?

6666 includes the cost of the set top box. So 555/month is not the correct monthly cost. Tata and Airtel HD boxes cost about 1700 or 2200 i guess. You could use that as a price benchmark.

Also I spoke to hathway cc today. Inquired about charges beyond one year. He said that post one year charges would be reduced by 1000. So the next annual subscription would be 5666. No option of monthly subscription. But he sounded quite unsure and was hesitating a lot. So don't really know what to make of it. But he seemed pretty sure of the fact that once annual charges are paid, all channels will be made available, including any that will be added in future, without any additional charges. Can anyone else here confirm this?

So if Hathway is pricing the box at Rs.1000 and @5666 per annum it works out to Rs.473 a month. That's a pretty good deal I say. Am paying about 580 a month on Airtel for all channels incl HD.

Regarding HD channel additional he said there was no update at all. He said that most probably Star HD bouquet would be added shortly. Other than that there is no news of any channel addition at Hathway. Just hope he isn't the most informed fellow at Hathway. Wanna switch to it soon.

I had been to Hyderabad recently, Hathway SD box are superior as compared to the ones in Mumbai and only 175/month for all channels!!! Why they charge double to us in Mumbai!

The prices depend a lot on market forces. I pay Rs 200 for two TV sets, whereas my uncle who lives in a very upmarket area pays Rs 300 for one TV!

But he seemed pretty sure of the fact that once annual charges are paid, all channels will be made available, including any that will be added in future, without any additional charges. Can anyone else here confirm this?
Not sure in CAS areas like Mumbai, but in Bangalore, that is the case. New channels are added without any extra cost.

I am told that testing of 10 more HD channels are in progress. 3 of them will be added by January end and remaining 7 probably by Feb end. He didn't want to reveal which HD channels.