Hathway HD Bangalore - how to subscribe for HBO premium channels

• Thread starter Thread starter abhi_mails
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 2,691
ISP
Airtel
Hi,
I am a Hathway HD subscriber in Bangalore. Recently, HBO premium channels were shown free on both HD and SD.
Now the channels have gone blank as the free preview is over.
I have inquired about this by calling Hathway but no one able to give a clear answers to my questions. Not sure if anyone from this forum has heard anything from Hathway. If yes, please help. My questions were:
1) What are the rates of subscription for HBO premium channels in HD?
2) Can it be subscribed on a monthly, quarterly, yearly basis? Any discounts if done for a longer duration?
3) Who needs to be paid (Hathway or LCO) to access these channels?
The Hathway office is in Ulsoor which is far from my area where I live (HSR Layout) and is a pain to go there and make monthly payments.
Thanks,
Abhishek

1) It is Rs69/month. This includes both HBO Hits and HBO Defined HD
2) I heard that Rs69/month is only initial offer. The price might change starting January to Rs129 or so. So, even if you are able to select quarterly or yearly plan, you might be asked to pay extra later on. I am not sure about this. Just a guess.
3) Hathway always prefers that you pay it to you LCO. Paying directly to Hathway also works but it requires you to travel long distance 🙂
I have registered here http://casonline.hathway.com/neo/selfcarelogin.aspx and I can see the option to pay online. I haven't tried this as not sure if paying online actually works.