Hathway Broadband - Chennai

• Thread starter Thread starter warpspeed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 181
  • Views Views 66,031
My renewal was due and I said I wanted the plans on website - but billing team kept refusing till the day passed. Then finally they offered what now looks like a retention plan i.e. ret.thunder for 699+taxes, but with 200 mbps

Retention thunder is on the list I had shared earlier. It is supposed to be 100 Mbps but the for some reason speeds are double the advertised one. There is no IPv6 so it is not individualized speeds. I'm on a 200 Mbps plan but I get close to 400 Mbps instead. It's Jio backend so loaded latency is horrible but I get full speeds everywhere.

15256579727.png

Double the plan speed thing is happening since last year. I still have around two months worth of validity. Will try 300 Mbps next and see if I get 600 Mbps instead lol.

Loaded latency being horrible is not cuz of Jio, it's your own ISPs fault. RailTel who uses Jio and Airtel have good loaded latency with both of them.

Hathway blocks ICMP echo on their gateway so there is no clear picture and I can't see on which hop it's spiking. I have used Jiofiber, recently in my sisters place and loaded latency was not great there as well so assumed it could've been happening on their end. No such issues on my ACT and Airtel lines though.

@mhsabir Is your plan actually mentioned as 200 Mbps in selfcare dashboard or is it 100 Mbps retention thunder from the plan list?

Is it mentioned as 200 Mbps in selfcare dashboard? Like chn_ret_thunder_200Mbps?

Speedtest results seem fine? Your speeds are as per plan or double like in my case?

I'm on a 6+2 plan, costs 5999 + GST, which is effectively 750 + GST pm for an almost 400 Mbps/3TB connection, double the plan speeds could be a glitch though. They seem to have updated the plans, a few months ago. 200 Mbps costs 750 + GST pm and 300 Mbps for 850 + GST pm.

I wanted to shift mine to 6+2, 850/300 Mbps but no one in Hathway CC has a clue about new plans and they are quoting me 1250 + GST for the same. Will let my plan expire and try to get the same from retention team like mhsabir did.

My plan validity has expired and I started to get routine calls from their billing team. Apparently no one in billing team is informed of the new plan updates. After discussing with multiple people it seems they updated the speeds but didn't bother to change the plan's name.

It looks like this in selfcare:

seLrkOX.webp

The plan name contains 200 Mbps but the actual plan speeds are 400 Mbps. Maybe that explains why I was getting 400 Mbps on my 200 Mbps plan. Anyway even if the plan name suggests otherwise these are the new price plans from Hathway:

1. 100 Mbps - 599 + GST
2. 200 Mbps - 749 + GST
3. 400 Mbps - 850 + GST

Apart from this there are also hidden retention plans like 200 Mbps for 700 + GST. I went with 6+1, 400 Mbps for 5100, effectively ~ 728 plus taxes pm.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always get full speeds, even during peak hours which could be due to my proximity to the International gateway. Best VFM connection right now in Chennai, if you don't mind the loaded latency and Jio's random website blocking.