Hathway docsis 50mbps wifi setup

• Thread starter Thread starter ashish202085
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 10,940
ISP
hathway
Hi,
I have seen many having the problem setting up WIFI on hathway. I am using D-Link Dir 600 router. I am facing the same issue. I had called customer care but no luck.
Can anyone please help with the wifi setup for this new plan.
i have few questions-
* Do we need to have configure router with static IP or have Dynamically?
* What about the mac address?
If anyone can post the setup pics or the configures screenshot that will be really helpful to all the router owners.
Thanks

I had similar problems while configuring my router. Just use the option of 'Clone' the MAC address from the router settings . Hathway uses the mapping of MAC address for connection . Hope this helps.

@reset is right. That's how I set up my wifi as well. One you clone your computer's MAC address, things work perfectly.

Hathway 50mbps plan is looking very attractive at the moment.
Can someone reply if the following is possible with the Hathway 50 mbps DOCSIS plan?
1. I have my own DOCSIS 3.0 Modem (Cisco DPC3010 or Motorola SurfBoard SB6141). Can Hathway setup the service using my modem instead of their supplied modem? Both modems (CPE as they like to call it) have clean MAC and are not blacklisted. I've tested them in the USA. They work exceptionally well and have been upgraded to the latest firmwares.
2. Can I use my own router? I don't want to use the D-Link (or whatever else) router they are giving out. I want to use my Buffalo AirStation WZR-HP-AG300H because it serves me well plus I have my custom OpenWrt firmware installed on it. Will they allow this?
I have asked them these question and am waiting for their response. I figured I would ask here in case people have already gone through the experience and have some information to share.
Thanks,
cchhat01

I can answer question 2. You can use any router you like, Hathway doesn't have a problem with that. I initially purchased a D-Link router from them but later changed it without the need to speak to them. All I had to do was clone my MAC address on my wifi router and it starting working perfectly. On question 1, I am not sure. I don't know of anyone using a personal CPE on Hathway Docsis 3.0.