Hathway Docsis 3.0 50Mbps plans are available in Bangalore now

gopichandpai

Regular
ISP
Airtel
Wish they made the FUPs better in Mumbai 😛 Also noticed that their 75 GB plan costs the same as the 50 GB one in Mumbai 🙁

Wish they were in my city (ALLAHABAD, U.P.) could have arranged 500 connections in 48 hours Flat..
I am not making a over statement, but it can be easily proved to be a under-statement.
BSNL outages on weekend are Always fixed here on priority, but on MONDAY 😛leasantry:
Tikona, doesn't want to cover 5KM Radius and skips 1000's of available customers.

Other two WISP are pain in back to deal with, they would ask you to format your system or even say your system problem even when their Signals are offline.
Reliance Broadband installs Institutional/corporate type plans wanting 8-10K a month.

Have anyone from Bangalore opted for docsis 3.0 connection? How is the service and any downtime? Anyone know if they give connection to bommanahalli?

I have taken the Docis 3.0 connection in Mumbai and i would advice you to NEVER take it ..... ever . I paid for the connection over 3 weeks ago and i still have no internet. First of all it took them a minimum of 2 weeks to install it . Something that they did after i had to call them everyday ... 4 times a day for 10 days. Then once installed the internet worked for a full half an hour and then disconnected. I started calling them again 4 times a day and 2-3 engineers came and were not able to figure out what the problem was. Lately the engineers have stopped coming all together . Do no i repeat Do not take Hathway broadband

vic6888 said:
Have anyone from Bangalore opted for docsis 3.0 connection? How is the service and any downtime? Anyone know if they give connection to bommanahalli?
I have been using the same in HSR layout, they give in Bellandur and Sarjapur along with HSR, don;t know about other areas.
Service has been good, using for over 1 month, very minimal downtime. Speeds are good no major issues faced as of now.

I have been using hathway broadband for almost 2 years now and the service has been very good.
10 days back I came to know about docsis 3.0 and called customer care to enquire about the plans. They assured me that once payment is done they will change the existing modem in 48 hrs and new docsis plan will be active.
Since I was a happy customer till date, I opted for 3 month plan and made the payment and emailed them the details. Its been more than a week now and there has been no call for change of modem.
Whenever I call customer care they just log a case instruct to email time and again. When email is sent, get a response saying the respective team has been notified and you will be contacted shortly.
No idea what is taking so long.

They have special plans for existing customers who are on Hathway and planning to move to Docsis 3.0, do check them out. Are they providing Docsis 3.0 in your area, if so then they should be able to give the new modem and get it up and running.

Dushie said:
They have special plans for existing customers who are on Hathway and planning to move to Docsis 3.0, do check them out. Are they providing Docsis 3.0 in your area, if so then they should be able to give the new modem and get it up and running.
As I understand from customer care, existing hathway users can upgrade free of cost. They only need to replace the modem.

1 week is over & technitian is yet to install the connection. I have decided to not to go ahead with hathway owing to delay in installation.

Well my 3 months of Hathway are coming to an end this weekend. I may not recharge post that, as the FUP is too low for me and my monthly usage is crossing 100 GB. So would bump up the speed of my other unlimited connection to 10 Mbps and enjoy unlimited usage at Rs 1125 per month.

Hathway should provide a trial for 1 month, paying for 3 months in advance is just a waste, i hope they start providing 50Mbps 1 month package for a starter for new connection.