1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Hathway Broadband to double data allowance, give 1 Gbps speed to take on Reliance Jio

Discussion in 'Hathway Broadband' started by vishalrao, Feb 11, 2017.

1. manojrk

manojrk Newbie
    Regulars

If you notice their pricing for Chennai, they charge Rs 999 for the bare minimum plan so the ARPU thingy must be much higher with strong demand for high speed BB. In other cities like Hyderabad they officer twice the GB for half the price. With companies like Hathway offering large amounts of GBs at throw away prices and the emerging small ISPs with unlimited plans, they will eventually succumb to the pressure.

2. maniac123

maniac123 Addicted to workout
    Regulars

An update from hathway Senior executive Prashanth (He's the one mailed my area isn't feasible): He apologised to me for not able to provide instant connection but he assured within 1 week they will install my connection. I told him about revocation of cheque as confirmed by my bank and told him I will pay cash post installation, for which he agreed, stating that I am the first customer from my area so we will surely give connection.

[​IMG]

#72 maniac123, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  3. salaxzar

salaxzar Newbie
    Regulars

Good for you, but i just can't understand the lack of interaction between the LCO and the ISP. Just shocking.

4. RedskyITM

RedskyITM Member
    Regulars

So I've had my connection for a bit now. It hasn't been down at all and I'm getting the full 30Mbps on pretty much everything. The upload is just 5Mbps but I can deal with that.

What I've noticed is that they've given me a static IP for free so I don't even have to pay for that.

Truly unlimited is amazing and I'm looking forward to 100Mbps unlimited plans in my area.

#74 RedskyITM, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    gopichandpai and salaxzar like this.
  5. salaxzar

salaxzar Newbie
    Regulars

Hathway has a solid backend. It has hardly ever gone down for me. Also, they have credited 1000gb more :D. Lol, no idea why. Maybe because I had complained twice (two different compaint no's). 2000gb, 50mbps for 899. Never seen a better deal than this.

#75 salaxzar, Mar 20, 2017
    RedskyITM likes this.
  6. RedskyITM

RedskyITM Member
    Regulars

2TB is just amazing. I think I need to convince them to give me that next.

7. maniac123

maniac123 Addicted to workout
    Regulars

After continuous pestering they came and installed the cable today with splitter in my terrace. I have asked if they will pay any rent or give discount(for splitter) in my base rent for which they failed to respond. Has any one got this splitter installed in your premises and getting discounts or rent ? Just curious. They have clearly explained that they would take an additional 7 connections from this splitter for my neighbours if they subscribe to hathway.

Technician warned if the cable twists or bends speeds would drop considerably.......is that true :frown:?
    [​IMG]

#77 maniac123, Mar 20, 2017
  8. rohit338

rohit338 Newbie
    Regulars

Today got 2 new offers from hathway.
    1) unlimited 5 mbps for 4 months in rs 1500
    2) unlimited 50 mbps for 4 months in rs 2700.
    I chose the 2nd one. On contacting the Agent whose number was given in the message confirmed plans to be truly unlimited without any fup.

9. RedskyITM

RedskyITM Member
    Regulars

It's 2.7k p/m for 50Mbps unlimited? That's quite a jump up from the 1.5k I'm paying for 30Mbps.

10. rohit338

rohit338 Newbie
    Regulars

No not per month I have to pay 2.7k after every 4 months. Which comes out to be 675rs p/m