Hathway Broadband to double data allowance, give 1 Gbps speed to take on Reliance Jio

• Thread starter Thread starter vishalrao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 167
  • Views Views 36,792
If you are getting 1.7mb/s via wifi then get a better router.
If you are connected via ethernet then most likely torrent doesn't have enough seeders.

Torrents from other sites give me 5MB/s. Only pirte by gives low speed. Do you face such issue @Mr_mime ?
And do you use any additional router? I use wifi through the technicolor modem only.

If you are getting 5mb/s on that ridiculous router then it is fine. I use their modem too and i have never seen 5mb/s on any torrent when i download on my phone.
I hardly get 40Mbps via wifi on my phone even when im standing in front of the router.

The reason why i haven't bought new router is that i download all the 50gb+ games on my computer so i get full 50mbps speed via ethernet and i use wifi only to watch videos and for 1080p just 10mbps is enough which i get as long as i stay in the same room or if i go into another room then the doors should be open.

If you think that thepirateb has torrents with less seeds then try 1337(x)

Last edited:
Thepirateb is fine, maybe torrents that you are downloading don't have good seeds or you are not getting constant 40mbps on your phone for 5mb/s from p2p.

You get full 50mbps via Ethernet and 40mbps on wifi? Oh then I think I'm fine. I thought there's some issue with my connection as I also get 40mbps on wifi. Never used Ethernet. This goes on to show what a shitty WiFi output that modem has.
I get 5MB/s on torrents when I place my device in front of the modem. I used 1 3 3 7 dot to
Can you tell me which torrent u tried out from piratby? Need to check on that.

1. Seeders
2. Bandwidth is shared among others on the name node. (Hathway shares the bandwidth in real-time so if anyone else is also downloading something then you would suffer a bit can say won't get 100% speed).
3. Technical Issues (includes faulty modem, faulty WiFi, faulty wire, faulty device used by Hathway in Area such as. Multipliers, Servers etc).

Now, I tell you the easiest way to solve since I have seen this issue myself.

1. Seedr is good website to download torrent. Torrent magnet to Seedr and then download it using IDM if you have or Browser's Download.

2. Using additional router with your Hathway Router. So I connect my router with Hathway's Router for WiFi. Hathway Router to my own router via. Ethernet (LAN) and then my Router broadcasts the WiFi very effectively (Supports Google DNS Natively since some of the Apple Services doesn't work on Hathway's DNS let's say Apple Find Friend doesn't work on Hathway's DNS).

3. Can't help! All depends upon the local team and luck!

Rest, Cable Internet works this way only where the bandwidth is shared. Thats why Airtel or MTNL is good if you want 100% Bandwidth 24/7 (excluding technical faults).

For more, Watch Linus' Cable Internet vs. DSL Internet.

ADSL/VDSL is dedicated.

CABLE is shared.

ADSL/VDSL is also shared but among way less people. Look up "contention ratio" of your ISP. MTNL has contention ratio of 1:28 ie 28 Users are sharing a single connection. Cable (hathway) or Ethernet(Excitel) is shared among lot more people like 50 or 100 people. This is the reason for low speeds during peak hours.

ADSL/VDSL is also shared but among way less people. Look up "contention ratio" of your ISP. MTNL has contention ratio of 1:28 ie 28 Users are sharing a single connection. Cable (hathway) or Ethernet(Excitel) is shared among lot more people like 50 or 100 people. This is the reason for low speeds during peak hours.

Guys I was planning to buy Mi router 3c since it has much better wifi range than the modem provided. Can any of you tell me how to configure it....dhcp(automatic) or PPPoE (username and password).....I have got Technicolor 2 in 1 modem from hathway which has no buttons and no antennas.. Asking because called hathway cust care they don't have much idea themselves.. One rep said DHCP one said Mi guys would know it

Last edited:
Im using ACT through PPPoE. While booting for the first time, router will ask to set up connection, select PPPoE and enter your hathaway username and password and it'll connect automatically.

@salaxzar thanks but I am low on budget, so for now buying the single band one (3C).

Yes I have a docsis 3.0 modem. Yours is also the same one right?

"Username password are within the modem" means I dont need to enter them while configuration, right ?(dchp?)

Please forgive me if I sound like a noob.

@siddhant764 - yes exactly. You do not need to enter anything while configuring DHCP as docsis modem is a cable modem and it contains all the configuration. And yea no worries, I myself am a noob compared to rest of the members here.