Hathway Broadband Internet

• Thread starter Thread starter sam_cool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 26,453

sam_cool

Hathway Broadband is the coolest internet service on the block for all those bandwidth hungry people.
Rs.2000/- for (1000 installation and 1000 modem deposit). Modem outright purchase Rs.3000/- . Rs.100pm modem rental.

Unlimited plans: Rs. 995/-pm all day and Rs.400/- for night 8-8 plan. Hathway promises speed ranging from 128-256Kbps at this price. They also have limited download plans too. You get a static IP address.

Amazing customer feedback too. They contacted me within a day I called them about the service (I guess my area was feasible for them to do cabling). They even did not take the money I paid them till I got the entire connection working.

I got connection in 10 days.

Though I do not get speeds of 256Kbps, but 170-220Kbps is what I get on average. Through download managers like DAP, Flashget, Wellget, I get download speeds of 25-28KBps (ie200-228Kbps) on average. That's really cool speeds. Till now in 15 days I have downloaded more than 7GB of data.

Hope that they maintain this speed in the future too.

Check your bandwidth at :
http://reviews.cnet.com/bandwidth_meter/7004-7254_7-0.html

I am one of the most troubled customer of SICKEST connection called Hathway.I took Hathway, broad band connection in Bangalore, HSR layout, just 10 days back.Dont know, what magic, first two days, it worked. After that, everyday, we call up their customer service, cos there is no signal at all. From the second, day, we call them up almost three times a day, requesting, begging, threatening, pleading....hmmmmmmm NOWAY. .......They are stubborn, that, they will not provide what they promised, not even 10 kbps forget 256 kbps, once they received the payment. I wonder they have some tie up with BSNL or any land line, the number of calls they get to their customer service, they might get commission......probably that is their income.Bangaloreans !! Beware of HATHWAY broadband. They will put up stalls in ur street having all the marketing gimmicks. Finaly, U will end up repenting , .... only to look at the modem and blink, whether it will blink......or not !!!Better to go for good ones, even though cost may be higher. !!! HATH WAY -- IS -- WRATH WAY

170-220Kbps at rs.995 per month and 100 rupees rental = sucks!!!!!

sam u may b happy...but airtel and igate in mumbai gives same net...........and ppl there continuosusly get speed above 512kbps..........so now i think its time for hathway to upgrade speed......i too on same 1.1k plan

Hehe, thats what i told the Hathway salesman when he came calling.

people!! just stop responding to 2-3 year old threads!! its irritating!