• Thread starter Thread starter ashk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 12,943

ashk

ISP
hathway
hi i would like to know if any one else also has the same problem
i had a 256{1:2}ul plan with hathway i use to get max 25-30 kb/s on torrents and regular but now that price of 512 kbps has gone down i shifted to the 512 {1:2}ul plan for 1118 but the torrent speed is realy bad i get just about 15 kb/s regular download from any site i get 60kb/s even on limewire i get 60 i do not know what the problem is as i call customer care they are not ready to help at all they say you speed is correct if you geting anything above 50kb/s as for torrents we do not promise any speed for it i tried all torrent software utorrent bitlord bittorrent 1.8 no speed at all
i am thinking shifting to another maybe airtel or mtnl 512

but is the a problem my side would like to know if any one using 512 ul plan with hathway is geting same or better speed
https://www.speedtest.net

are your ports opened?.if you can dl via limewire then they are not blocking it and even if they are blocking then they are violating net neutrality.your prob is that you need to open your ports.

well which modem you have?.if there is direct cable you have to ask your isp to open lets say port 62563(random number) and then in your torrent settings use this port.search port forwarding in the forums also open utorrent and click options and click "test if ports are forwarded properly".disable peerguardian when you are testing and if you havent installed peerguardian then no problem.also when dling torrents do you see the green icon in your torrent software? and your upload speeds should be 80% of your total upload speed so to prevent router overloading.

Can you please tell me what are the new unlimited plans. they have not updated their website.As for torrents, I dont think there is any problem from their side. First, Hathway being a cable modem, with dedicated IP, you dont need port forwarding at all. Secondly, try torrents from some private trackers, that will give an indication of the proper speeds. General trackers may not be good all the time. I am using torrents on hathway since last 4 years, not a problem so far. I really dont think it's a problem with hathway, since you are getting good speeds on other downloads

512 ul plan for 1118 they done it cos mtnl and airtel redused they ratesdonload on websites are good i get around 50kb/s even on link-removed but torrents sucks i just get 25 kb/s

use port 10000& limit your upload speed in torrent program settingsit must not unlimitedsolved my speed problem when i didnote : one must not call ISP to complaint about torrent. they will never help you in piracy

true downloading copyright material via torrent is piracybut most people doesn't care/knowtorrent isn't always safe for downloadingone must use firewall before downloading otherwise you are welcome to get horrible viruses from open portswhen i was downloading from torrentsi was shocked how many bad ips were blockedwhen download completed there were more than 80000 thousand blocked ips in logsfirewall blocking ip don't affect speednever affected me