Hathway Broadband - Chennai

• Thread starter Thread starter warpspeed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 181
  • Views Views 65,955
Don't recharge for a few days and wait for retention plans. You will easily get unlimited connection or 2TB before FUP hits.

Never knew hathway has retention team. Need to try this month

@mr_grump5 Been using since March 22, So far so good(I mean extremely satisfied), had some hiccups initially with data but they were very generous when it comes to crediting data. If it comes to your location just get it blindly, i can vouch for it.

On the scale of 10
Speed : 10(Torrents with seeds are absolute shocker)
Reliability : 9(Faced downtime twice for around 20 min, problem at my end)
Customer Care : 8(Complaints gets resolved within stipulated time)

How about the speed connected via WiFi ?

For me i get 40-60 Mbps connected in WiFi &
Getting 80-100mbps connected in Ethernet.

Also anyone can recommend the go-to speed test tool/app/website.I see big variations among the speed between each speed test tool.

How could I find the original speed i am receiving?

Thank you.

Tempted by this post & and the AD displayed around my locality, disconnected (Worst Mistake) ACT and opted Hathway 150 Mbps Plan.

Initial days was good, however Hathway throttles the bandwidth, the download speeds are not consistent and really pathetic, and I am not at all satisfied with their service, planning to switch back to ACT.

Disclaimer: I have registered just to write this, so others would know and not get tempted.

Pros:

1. Connection was given in just one day, wiring, router installation and the activation happened on the next day.
2. Customer care seems to be good.
3. If you are just gonna use YouTube, and do casual surfing, please take this connection as it is cheaper and offers more data to be downloaded.

Cons:

1. Speeds are not consistent, please refer to below screenshots to believe.
2. Torrents are also being throttled.

BTW I'm at Velachery, Chennai.

Final Note: If you can live with bandwidth throttling, you can stay with Hathway, else choose a better ISP.

Download from Mediafire @ ~ 8 Mbps

AawPOQ2.jpg

Download from Real-Debrid @ ~ 8 Mbps

JTkn12S.jpg

Download from Seeder @ ~ 8 Mbps

9MLQZDv.jpg

Download from Wistia @ ~ 90 Mbps

HboGCED.jpg

Streaming 4K video from Youtube @ ~ 20 Mbps

NqiFPIc.jpg

Download 4K Video from YouTube @ ~ 80 Mbps

gbV9F3T.jpg

Edit 1 (03-Aug-2017): After few complaints to their CC, the issue seems to have fixed, tried Real-Debrid, getting speeds around 90 Mbps, during download. Hope this is the case in future too. Will provide an update after 2 ~ 3 months.

Update (14-Dec-2017): So far so good, really happy with Hathway, no prolonged downtimes either!

Last edited:
never faced any such throttling issues, though my monthly downloads never go in excess of 300-400GB.

Hathway has expanded to my street finally. Always good to have a choice 🙂

i just applied for 150 Mbps - 999 Rs connection today. Hathway is expanding to Sholinganallur area

@manojrk / @maniac123 / @Kishore84 / @alfiabraham

Sorry for bumping all of you together! Hathway just started their expansion in Tambaram and I'm interested. How's the service for you guys?

Small questions..

1) Do you get internal IP addresses (i.e 10.x.x.x) like ACT? If so, do they offer actual static IPs (even if additional cost)?
2) If you have either used ACT or Airtel - how's the reliability like when compared with them so far?
3) How much installation did you guys pay?
4) This is direct fiber and not DOCSIS or anything right?

Thanks everyone.

@manojrk / @maniac123 / @Kishore84 / @alfiabraham

Sorry for bumping all of you together! Hathway just started their expansion in Tambaram and I'm interested. How's the service for you guys?

Small questions..

1) Do you get internal IP addresses (i.e 10.x.x.x) like ACT? If so, do they offer actual static IPs (even if additional cost)?
2) If you have either used ACT or Airtel - how's the reliability like when compared with them so far?
3) How much installation did you guys pay?
4) This is direct fiber and not DOCSIS or anything right?

Thanks everyone.

1. no, you get Vlan configuration. Yes they offer static ip.
2. very reliable, ive had it for 5 months now and ive experienced downtime of 2-4 hours.
3. installation was free for me in mogappair eri scheme, i paid depost of 500 and first month plan. 999 (150mbps- 1TB data) + 500 + tax.
4. its FTTH

Today Evening on wards I am getting 750 MB speed.Is there anybody else getting the same?