Hathway Broadband - Chennai

• Thread starter Thread starter warpspeed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 181
  • Views Views 65,956
Are you sure it's 1000GB? ACT Fibernet & Cherrinet charges Rs. 11000 plus taxes for the same amount of data and speed. I'm already paying Rs. 4.6K a month for 150 Mbps 450GB, if it's 1000GB as they claim then I wouldn't mind switching.

Submitted application to the executive and he clearly mentioned 1000GB FUP 150Mbps Down & 75Mbps Up post that 2Mbps seemed like a good deal and i cant afford to miss it. Like someone mentioned in this forum, I made the executive write the whole plan details in the Application and took pictures of it. Told installation will be done tomorrow though 48 hours is the given time.

FUP less plans aren't currently available for Chennai.

Raised request for disconnection of ACT with little bit hesitation don't know why.

Update : Received call from ACT Retention Department and he tried to convince me saying they are in the process of updating their plans but he agreed they can't match with hathway's 1000GB FUP so he processed my disconnection. These guys doesn't bend like Airtel. Hope hathway installs as promised. Please share your experience with hathway installation process.

3bc1633eb7.jpg

Last edited:
This is a real deal but not sure its gonna remain the same.Got the connection yesterday in palavakkam.
Speed goes up to 100mbps most of the time.But in my online hathway account the data balance is 150 gb only.
Need to check what happens after I exceed that limit.

If the FUP is 150GB then it's not really a good value as you will exceed the limit within 2.5Hrs of continuous downloading, however Hathway usually provides 1-2TB Data

@zer0 It will take some 24-48 hrs for them to credit 1000GB, it would be better if you raise a complaint with cc. Worked for me

Yea raising a complaint with CC definitely helps. I got credited with 2tb rather than the official 1 😀

Been using Hathway almost 9 months in Kolkata (10Mbps plan at Rs. 650). Zero complaints, will recommend to everyone whole-heartedly. Speeds as promised for both direct downloads and well-seeded torrents, connectivity 100% (expect on one occasion several months ago) and no fudging of usage statistics. Latency could be better though.

@salaxzar Count me in... got 1900GB this month. This just keeps getting better and better 😎

April 1st I was given 150GB out of which I consumed 90GB in 3days and was assured balance data will be credited within 48hrs. Surprisingly I was given 1900GB.

Hope they won't take back

Last edited:
After ACT, Cherrinet and Airtel, Hathway has updated their plans for Chennai with all guns blazing. I'm loving this price war 😀

fXSphV.png

5 Mbps Post FUP. 1 TB pre FUP. Now I'm just waiting for them to expand to my area.

Glad i decided to go for Hathway. 5Mbps post FUP which i never get to use coz I barely cross 300GB.

@salaxzar What happens when subscription of 30 days expires, I know it is a weird question obviously it will disconnect, but you know what my plan got extended to another 30 days without recharge. Did you face anything like this ?

It is showing something crazy for me like 2Gbps plan in Hathway website, but customer care denies having such plan.
jzmydk.jpg

Last edited:
awesome plans, I'm on Cherri 200mbps but I barely notice the speed upgrade from 100mbps unless I upload big files to cloud
so donno why fibernet ISPs are still base the plans on speeds, given that data ihas crashed and parity of 1gb/rs been reached they should start basing plans on post-FUP speeds :angel:

200 Mbps, 1 mofokin TB and 5 Mbps post FUP. All this for just 1299 + taxes. I'd dump my Cherrinet connection in a heartbeat 😛