Hathway Broadband - Chennai

manojrk

Regulars
After ACT, Cherrinet and Airtel, Hathway has updated their plans for Chennai with all guns blazing. I'm loving this price war :D

5 Mbps Post FUP. 1 TB pre FUP. Now I'm just waiting for them to expand to my area.

maniac123

Addicted to workout
Regulars
Glad i decided to go for Hathway. 5Mbps post FUP which i never get to use coz I barely cross 300GB.

@salaxzar What happens when subscription of 30 days expires, I know it is a weird question obviously it will disconnect, but you know what my plan got extended to another 30 days without recharge. Did you face anything like this ?

It is showing something crazy for me like 2Gbps plan in Hathway website, but customer care denies having such plan.

Last edited:

mr_grump5

Regulars
awesome plans, I'm on Cherri 200mbps but I barely notice the speed upgrade from 100mbps unless I upload big files to cloud
so donno why fibernet ISPs are still base the plans on speeds, given that data ihas crashed and parity of 1gb/rs been reached they should start basing plans on post-FUP speeds :angel:

manojrk

Regulars
Yeah it's definitely a typo. Still 1299 for 200 Mbps is dirt cheap. We could expect 1 Gbps soon at reasonable price. I know I sound spoiled but 1 TB cap is peanuts for a gigabit connection. I hope they throw in a couple of TB's at least.

salaxzar

Regulars
@maniac123 Next month you will also have to call customer care and get extra GB's allocated. I have again moved from hathway to excitel :p. Hathway wasn't giving me as promised 50mbps speeds. They have expanded too quickly and I feel they have bandwidth issues.