Hathway Broadband Cheating customers on Data consumption

• Thread starter Thread starter Jaycyborg
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,519
ISP
Hathway
Hathway broadband data consumption details are really bogus. Even though I was not using the connection for 2-3 days , their portal shows that I have consumed close to 2.2 TB of download and close to 400 GB of Upload on those 2 days . This is rediculous act by Hathway . My monthly consumption never went beyond 1TB but their system indicates that I have consumed 2.2 TB in 2days . This is how Hathway is cheating customers. Im thinking of discontinuing their service and to move to other ISP. Have anybody faced this issue before ?

datacon.jpg

Last edited:
Change your wifi password my friend.

@ Sammy
FYI - I use MAC filtering , only the devices whoes MAC addresses are whitelisted in my router can connect to my router . So even if you know my wifi password , you can do nothing.

Update: Hathway customer care called back and asked me to purchase Static IP to avoid this data consumption issue . This is the intelligence level of Hathway technical and Billing teams . I have placed disconnection request instead. There is no use in arguing with fools.

Check data usage on your devices as well as try asking them how is it possible and can you see sessions? Ask them how it's possible to exhaust that amount of data in such a short period of time.

I did ask everything, they are repeating the same thing that I have exhausted the data. There is no point in arguing with people who doesnt even understand basics of how computer network works.

Update : This month on data renewal they added additional 2000 GB to monthly quota. Also on 200 Mbps plan I still get speeds close to 400 Mbps. Not sure what these people are doing. Until customers are profitable and have no issues, we are good.

speed.jpg

Last edited: