Hathway Blocking link-removed.com, link-removed, link-removed.eu??

Heh, high court issued such order separately to only Hathway 😛Still all sites working fine on BSNL .

have you asked for any clarifications ? they told me that they got an order from Chennai High court to block torrent.

----------

they have different of opinions. someone is saying that they are working with server... all bluffs..

Heh, high court issued such order separately to only Hathway 😛

Still all sites working fine on BSNL .

have you asked for any clarifications ? they told me that they got an order from Chennai High court to block torrent.

----------

they have different of opinions. someone is saying that they are working with server... all bluffs..

These sites are not working for me too on Hathway. :-(

The notice was given to all ISP providers.

I have read the notice that they have shared with me. That was nothing to do with blocking torrents ( nowhere mentioned ). The notice says

Madras High Court has issued the first ever gag order against the Internet distribution of the film from the Madras High Court on Thursday. This is the first of its kind John Doe order from the Madras High Court, granting injunction against anonymous people who might be committing a breach of the rights of the plaintiff. This order keeps BSNL and other internet service providers alert from not allowing the piracy of the film through any corner.

This is the reason they have blocked all the torrents !!..what a justification for a super duper flop film.

thanks,

Rajib

These sites are not working for me too on Hathway. :-(

The notice was given to all ISP providers.

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to check if there are others facing this issue.

From the past couple of days when I try to access link-removed.com, link-removed.com it gives me a "Unable to connect" error. All other sites open normally.

Trying to experiment I tried changing the DNS settings from "Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically" to the OpenDNS server settings and restarted the connection I was able to connect.

But doing so causes problems with Hathway's Login page. If you got OpenDNS as your DNS the Hathway login page will not open.

Is anyone else facing this issue or is something wrong at my end?

ISP Hathway, Mumbai

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to check if there are others facing this issue.

From the past couple of days when I try to access link-removed.com, link-removed.com it gives me a "Unable to connect" error. All other sites open normally.

Trying to experiment I tried changing the DNS settings from "Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically" to the OpenDNS server settings and restarted the connection I was able to connect.

But doing so causes problems with Hathway's Login page. If you got OpenDNS as your DNS the Hathway login page will not open.

Is anyone else facing this issue or is something wrong at my end?

ISP Hathway, Mumbai

Even I'm facing the same problem. If you change the DNS settings, then how can you use Hathway Login page ? This trick seems useless since it cannot allow Login, without which torrent access isn't possible.

If Hathway has REALLY been asked by the HC to block all this, I'm gonna call up the office and demand for a copy of the judgement.

EDIT : I still think this move by Hathway is useless. UTorrent and other torrent clients are working fine. So as long as you get .torrent files from someone else, you can still download stuff.

This is the reason :-

This may be a first of its kind as the Kolaveri star Dhanush's film 3 is all set to take on online piracy. Harish from Copyright Labs, which is working to curb the online piracy of the film, is all set to move to the Madras High Court today to send a legal notice to all the offenders.

"We had previously sent out warnings against downloading to the ISP addresses and individual offenders. While we have been 90 per cent effective, there are still some who defied these warnings. Since these warnings were based on the orders that we had obtained from the Madras High Court, we are now going to register contempt of court cases and send orders to all of them," he says.

The idea behind this is to ensure that these offenders get the idea that piracy is not right, Harish informs us. "While we can provide the technological support to films that sign up with us, the rest of it is left to the law. With this example, where we work in tandem with the court, we want to show that it isn't easy for pirates to survive."

We have little reason to worry fellow Hathway users !

All bit torrent clients are working properly. IMO, what Hathway has done is just block URLs which contain the word "torrent" (with a few exceptions). As a result, the following torrent sites are very much accessible -

-- link removed --

Last edited by a moderator:
If its working & if u post it so openly, i guess u made their task easier in blocking them! 😛 😀

Yes, it is confirmed that hathway has blocked torrent, some file sharing sites and even dailymotion. This is reconfirmed from hathway customer care which they say as per goverment notification they have blocked all sites. Strangely all these sites are open in tata , mtnl, idea and other isps. This is a blanket ban to protect the new movie releases that are happening in industry to protect piracy. Since hathway has now partnered with Reliance and Reliance is in movie business only reliance has followed this directive and not most of other isps. By the way the court order was only specific for Don 2 release. i dont know if any latest director has asked court to stop torrents this month.

hi all,It is only hathway who has blocked sites. No other SP has done that.. I am following this up with Hathway. They gave two xcuses. 1. Court order and 2. TRAI order.When I asked to send this to me in written, they refused to do so. Hence this is "Golmaal" from Hathway.I am thinking to change SP now. Please suggest me good SP for unlimited plan.

yes!! i also cant access any of other torrent site.....link-removed,extra torrent,kat or etc etci think its only for hathway customers..ISP Hathway,hyderabad

Ok here is the thing which i found on googling. We need to change DNS. But we require hathway login page. So for that, there is a trick.Here is the step by step solution -1. Go to Local Area Connection icon (control panel-> view network status and tasks->change adapter settings(on left)..2.Right click on icon. then select properties3.click on INTERNET PROTOCOL VERSION 4(TCP/Ipv4)4. Select - Use the following DNS server addresses.5. Type 8.8.8.8 for preferred DNS server type 8.8.4.4 for alternate DNS server6.Click OK7. Now again right click on Local Area Connection icon. Diasble the modem first Then Enable the modem againUpto here, our DNS has changedNow to get Login page - 1. open this file with notepad(or any other text editor) - C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts2. Add this line to the end without the quotes "203.212.193.60 login.hathway.com"3. Save the fileReopen the browser and you are done. You get the torrent sites as well as Login page........

guys two weeks back i had emailed TRAI about this issue...i dont know if it helps or not...they didnt reply back...but to my surprise now all torrent sites have started working! pls check at ur end also and verify...till yest they werent working bt jst now all r working...

Ok here is the thing which i found on googling. We need to change DNS. But we require hathway login page. So for that, there is a trick.
Here is the step by step solution -

1. Go to Local Area Connection icon (control panel-> view network status and tasks->change adapter settings(on left)..
2.Right click on icon. then select properties
3.click on INTERNET PROTOCOL VERSION 4(TCP/Ipv4)
4. Select - Use the following DNS server addresses.
5. Type 8.8.8.8 for preferred DNS server
type 8.8.4.4 for alternate DNS server
6.Click OK
7. Now again right click on Local Area Connection icon.
Diasble the modem first
Then Enable the modem again

Upto here, our DNS has changed
Now to get Login page -

1. open this file with notepad(or any other text editor) - C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
2. Add this line to the end without the quotes "203.212.193.60 login.hathway.com"
3. Save the file

Reopen the browser and you are done. You get the torrent sites as well as Login page........

No Need to add entry to hosts file. Just set your DNS to Primary 8.8.8.8 and Secondary the default Hathway ones i.e 116.72.255.254. Everything will work fine !