• Thread starter Thread starter huyogi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3,011

huyogi

Regular
ISP
Reliance Broadband
I suggest one alongside the Like button, would have a balancing effect, something like that yin and yang thing. The like button all by itself looks somewhat gay, with all due respect to the gay community. Even though i believe that i might be the worse off for it more than anybody else, it might still end up being a good thing for the forum. This could be a good idea or the product of an idle mind..see how this yin and yang thing works?

Just express your hate by following their posts and rant needlessly. You will get a two day ban and you will be famous, what could be more gayer than this?

Tell me honestly, didn't you wish we had a hate button when you read that post? :lol:

I don't think you are trolling, it's a good suggestion. No matter if I think it's crab shit.

Just recalled actually seeing that on some forum or the other, can't remember where but will post a link if i stumble on it again. Must have internalized the idea/concept so kindly excuse me for passing it off as my own.

I have a better idea, just rename the current like button to hate button. What say

There you go, found something along those lines; Govt rules out further talks with Ramdev - Politics - Politics News - ibnlive. Look at the end of the article. Now i know it's not exactly a forum but the concept does exist, a succinct one click expression of whether the post was helpful, or if it was a waste of time. Mind you, this is quite different from the "Report Post" thing which deals with forum violations in the form of abuse, spamming or trolling.

the voting buttons on that page are just visual. they do not really do anything (like pushing that news article away from the view or stuff like that.

I know, i was only trying to illustrate the idea through an example. But you do get what i'm getting at and the rationale behind it, i hope?

forums are different in nature. if you do not like a thread, you ignore it. if you like a thread your participate in it. if it helps you, you share it. this is not a popularity contest where you are participating to impress people.

You are missing the point, where do popularity contests come into this? I have to say you being a little belligerent for no reason. All i am saying is that just as you have a like button to express approval and declare that the post was helpful/worth a read, you should have a button to express the opposite. Else why have any button in the first place. Oh yes i know, it's your call finally, but i am only defending the logic of my suggestion.

@huyogi...enough...cut it out....admin was already fed up buying Duke Nukem Forever for 50 USD(steam) & regret buying a Linea by selling Swift...leave him alone...:teeth:

Okie-doke, it's not that i do not appreciate his hospitality, just making a point. No hard feelings eh, bad, bad, Leroy Brown? 🙂