hassle free wifi router for around 1200

• Thread starter Thread starter WP Drone
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,557

WP Drone

hi i need a wireless router for mtnl connection with good range for my house which has two floors. I was looking at the following ones but as i am buying my first router i dont know which brand is more durable and has less problems and offers proper support and rma in india, if any. also tell me if the buffalo one has good range as the strength of its antenna is not given anywhere.

TP-LINK 150Mbps Wireless N | Router | Flipkart.com

Buffalo 150Mbps Wireless-N Wireless Router Entry Model | Router | Flipkart.com

Asus RT-N10E | Router | Flipkart.com

So which one would u recommend?

TP-Link WR740N is what I'm using since the last month. Got it off flipkart. Works like a charm once you upgrade the default stock firmware to the latest one off their website.The default firmware that ships with the router is buggy. This router is also dd-wrt capable (in case you need that functionality)

All 3 good choices. In case you are look to flash the TP-Link WR740N with custom firmware just make sure its has the HW version 1, 2 or 4. HW v 5.0 is incompatible with DD-WRT. Also it does not have a detachable antenna. The Buffalo WHR-HP-GN is better if you are looking for a removable antenna or attaching an even more powerful antenna. Also Buffalo has official DD-WRT firmware support on their site. You can buy it here Peripherals : Multiple Wireless Routers Starts From 899/- Onwards. The Asus RT-N10E is incompatible with dd-wrt, but the RT-N10 is. Known incompatible devices - DD-WRT Wiki. To sum it up the TP-Link has the best range, the Buffalo is the most tweak-able and the Asus the least tweak-able. Buffalo is supposed to be very reliable when it comes to routers.