Has your Airtel plan ever been changed on schedule?

• Thread starter Thread starter ganeshran
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 3,420

ganeshran

Regular
ISP
Airtel Wired
Hasnt even happened once for me.They always promise that the plan will get changed on billing cycle but I have to raise a complaint and it takes 2 days after the billing cycle is over. Once they took 2 whole billing cycles to get it changed because of some system upgradation.

heh. horrible experience here. my billing date is i believe 5. i told them on 2nd of the month to change my plan. told me it cannot be done on the next billing cycle because they need 3-4 days to process it. so basically i informed them 3 days before the cycle and that was not enough. never mind. i waited for a month. next 5th? no change. i checked my bill... they billed me according to the new plan for around 10 days in the previous month. checked with airtel support. was told that i am on the new plan. i checked my speeds? still old plan. applied for a new request to upgrade my speed as per the new plan. took another bunch of days. when i complained about them billing me as per the new plan without actually increasing my speeds? i was told... sir jee the different is hardly hundred bucks or something like that. i facepalmed and gave up.

Exact same experience for me too. After the policy of changing plan only on the billing cycle came into place, it basically never works. The CC guys raise a request to the backend team to do it on the billing cycle change date and everyone forgets about it. If by chance the customer remembers to check if plan has changed, only then does he come to know about it.Last time Airtel presence helped me get the plan changed and I have applied for another upgrade from the next billing cycle (starts on 5th). the request was raised on 24th itself. Lets see if it actually gets changed on the promised date.

Call 121. Threaten them with disconnection in the most curt manner possible. I've got it done for a few friends in that manner. Plan will be changed the next day irrespective of your billing cycle.This is ofcourse after my friends had spent a month or two with airtel promising them change of plan by next billing cycle each time.IINM, there used to be a time when the entire process took only a couple of hours.

Don't know why such things are a PIA only in India? The level of professionalism shown by the employees is amazing.

OT : I once changed my BB plan in reliance at night thru CC. Within 8 hrs my plan got changed without any hassle.:Boy Yahoo😛.S. My real nightmare is awaiting for me...when i try and quit reliance:naughtybottom:

The process isnt very difficult at all. After the complaint is noted, it takes only 3-4 hours to migrate the plan. The problem is that no one bothers to look at the original request and there doesnt seem to be any workflow where such requests are time bound and send reminder mails etc.

Complacency bhai.
I actually know why. It is a deliberate attempt to frustrate users and scare them away from calling their CC.

i have put in a request for plan change.from rs 1199 to 1299.and fup from 20 to 30 gb.No after reading all this i am afraid.wt to do for a tension free change of plan.

as soon as your billing date arrives. keep on checking your plan details and keep on bugging airtel till the plan is actually changed!

Billing cycle is over, but plan is still the same. Same old story, will have to call Customer care and deal with them again :facepalm:

Mr Ran,

Please let me know what you did?will do the same.

Try tweeting them at Airtel_Presence. open complaints with customer care and keep following up. Thats the only way to get them to listen.