Has MTNL reduced torrent speeds?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sajeev
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 3,269

Sajeev

ISP
MTNL TriBand
I have MTNL 849NU from the 14th of this month and up to the 23rd I downloaded 20gb But since then over the last few days I have been getting speeds of only 50kbps average,only on torrents.I tested HTTP downloads and downloaded Fedore 8 (3.5 Gbits) in 3hr 40minBut no luck in torrent.I have all optimum settings , port forwarded ,Bridge mode etc.I even tried torrent from my Suse 10.1 and fedora but no luck torrent speeds remain the same I have seed ratio of 0.4 Also my friend who also has NU840 has been having the same problem and he also used to download a lotDoes any one else have this problem?Is MTNL controlling Torrent speeds of heavy users?

Torrent downloads depend on the number of seeds and peers present in the pool. Hence it might be varying. Private trackers give good speeds than public trackers.

I download only axxo movies and they are all seeded well .Thats why I think MTNL is doing some thing now to control the speeds.

I download only axxo movies and they are all seeded well .Thats why I think MTNL is doing some thing now to control the speeds.

Axxo WAS on vacation(He is back today SuperFundo | aXXo Torrents ).....but thats not the problem.
Most of the (Western world)seeders are not online these days as its the Christmas/New Year vacations and so even i have noticed a drop in speeds.
However on very good seeded INDIAN torrents like WELCOME 2007, I get fantastic speeds

Once the Christmas and New years celebrations have died down, and people return to their offices, in their daytime and our night time...(Where they have Highspeed Connections for torrents :rofl🙂 I am sure all our speeds will be normal.

Definitely I can say that MTNL staff are too stupid to try messing with the settings.
If they try and throttle speeds,they may mess up the system😗 and so i am sure they never try stunts like that

Have you all been using NU for long? And have u been getting good speeds(torrent ) all throughout that time ?If yes then its not MTNL and I wait for a few more days till torrents are back full speed.I want to make sure that its not MTNL ,may be its what u said about Christmas break thats slowing down all torrents .I did try downloading suse but only fore a short time as i didn't see any rise in speeds.My torrent settings are already optimized , all of a sudden I find my torrent speed goes down to 50kbps average from 120-160kbps for torrent.My friend is skeptic about the MTNL secretly slowing down torrent and you tube .He said he has been getting slower speeds on torrents on some days and some days you tube would not open.According to him MTNL has done some thing to reduce speeds of the heavy down loaderI just want to know if any one else has been experiencing any slow down as far as torrents are concerned

how come ur NU started from 14th? did u book a new connection or what?

@lokesh18
I changed plan from 199 to Nu (they did it within 2hrs!! ) they wont charge me for the first few days as per new plan but as per 199 plan

Thank every one for the info I'll change my ports frequently as see what happens

Do you all download regularly every night or just once or twice a week?

yep.. i download regularly... and i get amazing speeds on some good torrents... the other day I was downloading an excellently seeded movie and I got maximum speeds...

here is the screenshot..