Has iON Mumbai Operations merged/transferred to Trunet?

• Thread starter Thread starter Nishant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 7,273

Nishant

Staff member
ISP
Jetway FTTH, BSNL FTTH
I've been hearing a lot of chatter on this around here. They seem to be migrating all their users to Trunet.

I asked ION customer service and they said that no such thing has been done. Dropped a mail to customerservice with screenshots and have asked whether the local branch transferred customers without consulting main branch or is it a hacking scam of some kind. Both apps, ion and truenet have terrible security.

Yes without any intimation, they have merged with Trunet. I have 6 months of subscription remaining, static ip, network, route everything has changed.
Asking the LOCs, they say they have 'upgraded' the network and asking about what happened to I-ON they just out right refuse to reply.
I dropped numerous mails to ION, but all they do is say they'll get in touch with me soon.

Under Trunet, they have limited TCP ~250-400 connections per pppoe user after which everything stops working except existing connections if you don't have static ip, and connection does not go above 75Mbps no matter what, internationally.

My IP under whois comes up as Kore Digital, with Only Tata Teleservice (Indicom) as it's upstream and 30G to De-Cix Mumbai, they do not have proper location (state, city) allocation to each IP, hence even though my connection is in Mumbai, most CDN and DNS think I'm in Hyderabad/Chennai etc. and connects me to it instead.

ION used to work really great with no downtimes for months, but now it's all a mess, with one can pray they don't go down every 24h.

ION still shows my plan as active with account details, but the connection is via Trunet even the Application.

A friend was recently planning on renewal, the LCO ordered that she should Google Pay to him and not use the ION app for renewals else they will not provide services at all.

Last edited:
Update: Today there was a downtime of 8 hours and after that, the whole network has changed again.
The IP I'm getting at the moment is :

103.135.61.160 (cgnat, at the moment)​

and ISP: Digital Satellite Connect Pvt Ltd
Traceroute comes up as empty.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| 192.168.3.221 - 0 | 8 | 8 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 10.10.200.39 - 0 | 8 | 8 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 |
| No response from host - 100 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 46.232.211.190 - 0 | 8 | 8 | 215 | 215 | 216 | 215 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
But judging by the latency it is probably though Tata.