Has BSNL capped upload speed on Fiber Broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter thadougamer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 158
  • Views Views 21,624

thadougamer

King of BSNL 😂
I got banned!
ISP
BSNL Broadband
Has BSNL capped the upload speed to 1/10th of the download speed like Jio did? Or is it only me. I am on 100Mbps plan. Earlier I used to get more than 100Mbps upload speed but now I am getting around only 10Mbps.

Screenshot_20200221-185844.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now mine is still symmetric upload speed (full speed). I hope this is not a new change BSNL is rolling out gradually to follow Jio 😡

A few months before I had the exact problem. I kept complaining to the local exchange guy. Eventually they had to fix this. Now experiencing symmetrical speeds.

A few months before I had the exact problem. I kept complaining to the local exchange guy. Eventually they had to fix this. Now experiencing symmetrical speeds.
The only real advantage of BSNL. You can get access to the guys working in the server room.

Good luck trying that with ISPs like Jio Fiber.

@vignesh_venkatesan Getting un-capped speeds on any IPv6 enabled service. To test I launched a VM on Hetzner Cloud and DigitalOcean, both showed 200+ Mbps (results in the post below)

What Addressing Type is BSNL using for IPv6? SLAAC or DHCPv6?

Has BSNL capped the upload speed to 1/10th of the download speed like Jio did? Or is it only me. I am on 100Mbps plan. Earlier I used to get more than 100Mbps upload speed but now I am getting around only 10Mbps.

Currently, my upload speed is not capped (in Tamil Nadu). Where are you from?