Has anyone Imported from newegg?

ISP
Airtel FTTH
Newegg has some really nice deals for computer parts and shipping is reasonable as well, for example ryzen 7 1800x in newegg costs around 22k(including shipping) and the same costs around 35-40k in india, what I am really worried is custom duty and I remember it was changed to 41% for items above 2k, I understand custom duty depends upon the mood of custom officials but can anyone share any experience they have about importing from newegg?

newegg officially support india today i believe. so the final price in the invoice should including customs and shipping both.

FGtsJtu.png

qRWN1Pn.png

yup. they do not show duty in the cart. but add it during checkout.

Thanks @Sushubh, they showed estimated custom duty in the cart previously so I thought maybe it was left on the customer to pay whatever the custom duty was, have you bought anything from newegg, any comments on their service?

@Vedant ordered something from them and it was a pretty frustrating experience for him. i don't remember the exact details but he had to seek refund which took a lot of time.

ok. so here is what happened with him.
he had placed an order for a hard disk.
the order when arrived at his place... the package seemed too light to have the hdd inside it. size was also too small.
he rejected the delivery.
newegg customer support suggested that he accept the package and return it if it does not include the product he ordered.
he refused because returning the package would have cost him a lot of money plus burden of proof would have been on him.
newegg took two months to accept the return of the package that was never accepted. add a few more weeks/months for the refund of the money.
he had terrible experience dealing with their customer support which seemed to have zero experience dealing with international deliveries to india.

if you are mostly worried about additional custom duty, just communicate with their customer support and get it on record that the money you pay them at the time of order include all costs.

if you want other alternatives, get quotes from websites like ibhejo or ishopinternational. i have ordered through both and i get local delivery through bluedart (etc) from their mumbai warehouse. they take care of everything.