• Thread starter Thread starter priyoban
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 11,293

priyoban

Regular
ISP
DataOne Home 500
Hi...Was just wondering if any1 has got bsnl unlimited yet? Is the service quality any different from earlier? And is the contention ratio still the same or has it increased for the unlimited plan.

great to see u that ur from kolkata.... btw my telephone exchange still doesnt have the dataone unlimted form 😛....alipore telephone exchange sucks...

Well the unlimited plans started here in Chandigarh and i applied for the coversion.The sucker part is that BSNL has this guideline of starting a new plan on the 1st of every month only.So unofficially i am still denied the forbidden taste of unlimited nectar...ie in laymans terms i still aint got no unlimited downloading rights.Still 15 days of torcher to go.....

Any idea about what the contention ratio will be like? And is the unlimited form any different from the other forms? Can't you just download the form from the bsnl website take a printout and give it in?

As far as i got the info,the BSNL guyz of my area are simply askin to pen down"Home 900 plan" on a regular form.There is no fuss on any new form necessity.I guess any BSNL office refusing connection cause they are waiting for new forms is just a lame excuse for not breaking a leg for providing the new plan.All i know is that an existent broadband customer of BSNL can give a simple application for coversion of the current plan to Home 900, and a new customer can simply add in Home 900 in the old forums and get the connection. Lets face it,all they are interrested is in selling new connections and getting that 1 month rental in advance. As far as contention ratio goes....well thats still a mystery.Right now i got no idea wether it will be like Sify(ie throttle) or airtel(unpredictable speeds). All i really hope that BSNL makes a frickin record by providin somethin hassle free and really give a "feel good" feeling. Whatever BSNL is providin is goin to be clear by the end of the next month only.

Omg... the wierdest thing happened rite now... I had not applied for any dataone connection and a guy came over with a modem n stuff to install the internet in my house... wtf... haha... Damn and i renewed sify only 2 days ago... damn damn damn... well I wrote in a bunch of papers that the guy had brought with him that I would require it the next month... hope their service is prompt.... and I get it first thing next month... well from what I had heard their contention ratio was 1:8 but then again that was for limited data plans... which is pretty decent. If that remains the same... then this will be a real treat.

QUOTE(priyoban @ May 16 2006, 02:29 PM) [snapback]51457[/snapback]
Omg... the wierdest thing happened rite now... I had not applied for any dataone connection and a guy came over with a modem n stuff to install the internet in my house... wtf... haha... Damn and i renewed sify only 2 days ago... damn damn damn... well I wrote in a bunch of papers that the guy had brought with him that I would require it the next month... hope their service is prompt.... and I get it first thing next month... well from what I had heard their contention ratio was 1:8 but then again that was for limited data plans... which is pretty decent. If that remains the same... then this will be a real treat.
[/b]

wtf.. i filled the online form four days ago but still there is no one at my house... 🙁 .. i hope they allow to register online
thanks

^^The online form system is absolutely bogus... I think you should submit the form to the DM himself... after getting it from their site.

QUOTE(LoneCrusader @ May 16 2006, 04:24 PM) [snapback]51463[/snapback]
Any idea whats the contention ration of sify and airtel in unlimited plans?
[/b]

Sify always has contention ratio of 1:1... and anyway it's not dsl. They use a tech called fixed wireless...
As for Airtel I'm not so sure about the ratio.... but I think it's better than bsnl's.

QUOTE(priyoban @ May 16 2006, 10:35 PM) [snapback]51483[/snapback]
^^The online form system is absolutely bogus... I think you should submit the form to the DM himself... after getting it from their site.
Sify always has contention ratio of 1:1... and anyway it's not dsl. They use a tech called fixed wireless...
As for Airtel I'm not so sure about the ratio.... but I think it's better than bsnl's.
[/b]

btw the forms arent avilable at the telephone exchange. today i went to talk with them. one old man so called "sir" told me that they dont have software to give form.
i wonder what software they willl require to fill give the form. it seemed like he will retire in 1 month so i didnt make too much fuss about it. he told me to keep enquiring every week.
thanks

QUOTE(vshs @ May 17 2006, 01:18 AM) [snapback]51500[/snapback]
btw the forms arent avilable at the telephone exchange. today i went to talk with them. one old man so called "sir" told me that they dont have software to give form.
i wonder what software they willl require to fill give the form. it seemed like he will retire in 1 month so i didnt make too much fuss about it. he told me to keep enquiring every week.
thanks
[/b]

As i said .Its all a lame excuse for not breaking a leg and do some work.

QUOTE(vshs @ May 17 2006, 01:18 AM) [snapback]51500[/snapback]
btw the forms arent avilable at the telephone exchange. today i went to talk with them. one old man so called \"sir\" told me that they dont have software to give form.
thanks
[/b]

Why don't you just get it from www.kolkata.bsnl.co.in?

As far as I could gather, actually the software that BSNL uses to manage the customer's plans needs to be updated to include the UL900 plan. Until and unless that is done, they are unable to modify any user's plan.

@priyoban
BTW, what is that u r always sucking....??? 😀

^Ahem... not a cig really....

QUOTE(puja399 @ May 17 2006, 11:44 PM) [snapback]51607[/snapback]
As far as I could gather, actually the software that BSNL uses to manage the customer's plans needs to be updated to include the UL900 plan. Until and unless that is done, they are unable to modify any user's plan.

@priyoban
BTW, what is that u r always sucking....??? 😀
[/b]

Dotsoft package?