Has anyone abandoned their BB connection in favour of any 3G connection ?

farmboy

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Aug 28, 2007
Has anyone totally abandoned their Land line Broadband connection in favour of any 3G connection or is anyone totally relying on 3G only for their Broadband needs ?Please mention your 3G provider name,circle and 3G plan for the benefit of others.Thanks

IndianMascot

Addicts
Regulars
Jun 17, 2011
Unfortunately I was unable to get about Broadband connection . So all my Online activity are being taken care by MTNL 3G and Reliance EVDO 3G.Circle: Mumbai

emptymt

Regular
Regulars
May 5, 2010
So all my Online activity are being taken care by MTNL 3G and Reliance EVDO 3G.

Circle: Mumbai

how would you compare the two on

1) coverage and average signal strength
2) speeds

ckr97

Regular
Regulars
Jan 2, 2007
Bangalore
if one gets good 3G signal at their home, then this can be done. But remember - 3G is wireless and if you try moving to places the signal may vary based on the load on Cellular Tower. The same applies at your home. Although u get good signal near home, but based on the load your speed will vary. 3G does not guarantee a consistent speed as the WIRED broadband.

G

Unfortunately I was unable to get about Broadband connection . So all my Online activity are being taken care by MTNL 3G and Reliance EVDO 3G.

Circle: Mumbai
which part of the city is it where there is no broadband connection?

x720

Incoherent Poster
Regulars
Aug 14, 2011
Gurgaon | Mumbai
I think mtnl doesn't allow people on rented accommodations to avail its services. That's what IM had said in a post some time ago .