Has any one tried MTNL TV Services?

• Thread starter Thread starter popcorn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 8,713
there is 10Rs/channel/day plan.. u can try and let us know 🙂

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

(There will be no browsing charges applicable for GPRS usage for MTNL TV once the applet has been downloaded)

so u wont be paying for GPRS/3G as well.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Not many channels though.

NATIONAL CHANNELS
Times Now
Zoom
India TV
Aaj Tak
CNN IBN
NDTV
UTV Bindass
Cartoon Network

INTERNATIONAL CHANNELS
CNN Mobile
Fashion TV
BBC

SPIRITUAL CHANNELS
Divine Vistaas

i downloaded and tried from mtnl website and it did not work yesterday. http://59.162.166.215:8080/OTA/mobiletv.sisx

Today I sent the sms "SUB3GTV" and send it 53388

and tried and its working free of cost. Some channels are coming free without the 10 rupees or 50 rupees or 150 rupees.
I am on 3G mtnl prepaid mumbai

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Not a single paisa deducted and am able to view SAB, Times Now and many more free !

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

No lags and clear reception !

Wow! Is there a way to get these on computer? There must be.. if its running using IP technology.

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

Btw did u verify it with actual content that comes on TV? Is it same? Is there time difference? 10-15 seconds lag is ok.

Thats great then. Unfortunately I dont have Symbian 9 mobile...so that app wont work!

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

I dont see SAB in the list of channels on website.. so i wonder how you are getting it!

May be they added it but didnt update website... MTNL is known to do reverse of others.. others add channel name on website even if its not available...while MTNL provides a channel but doesnt show it on website 😀

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

There are 70 channels now!!

Here is full list:
Apalya

in the settings first select 3G network mode and say update programs.This will update the channel listYes You need S60 mobiles. I have Nokia E5

ohhhhhh 🙁may be u can try one channel for a day.

bump...
tried the nextGTV on mtnl mobile and its working flawless.
No data charges of 3G for using TV
Checked in train from andheri to churchgate and works without a single break.

Details:
3G Mobile TV