Has any ISP hiked their tariff lately?

• Thread starter Thread starter hallow2087
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,028
ISP
Present ISP: Hathway
Past ISPs: Airtel, Jio, Alliance, BSNL (copper)
So I was going to recharge my Hathway account and I notice that they have hiked the monthly tariff from 708 to 726. It's only a 2.5% increase but I am not familiar of any hike by any other operators of late. Hathway being special and exclusive or others have done same as well? Let me know.

So after a conversation with hathway they informed me that it's their newly introduced 'device charges'. Device being the ONT and router they provide. 15 rupees per month (excluding GST) they will take for future support for these devices, should the need arise. I argued that I am using my own router but they argued back that sir you are still using our ONT aren't you.

Classic.

They are looters, they didn't even used to provide dual band router 2 years back, had opted for 150 Mbps plan but used to get just 40 Mbps, left it for good.

Now even after 2 years of dropping the connection I still receive a call from them every alternate day with new internet plans 😀

Last edited:
The excitel pack I used to recharge for my parents (300 Mbps for 9 months) went up from 4299 to 4799. Although I guess that was a promotional plan in the first place