Has 1 Mbps Unlimited plan download speed decreased a bit?

• Thread starter Thread starter GameTanx
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 4,304

GameTanx

ISP
Vortex Netsol
I'm using Unlimited 999 plan since July end. My download speed used to around 1 Mbps (~125 kBps) and the data rate in the router page showed 1184 kbps downstream.
But now my router page shows that Data Rate is 1024 kbps (downstream) and speedtest result shows around 0.87 Mbps (110 kBps)

My router's modulation type is G.Dmt.
Is anyone else experiencing a decrease in download speed?

Please reply guys, especially Mumbai users.

I am on the 599 Unlimited plan which should give 512kbps. I was synced to 604kbps but for a few days now I am synced at 498 kbps. I had written to helpdesk on 15th to which they replied
'Dear customer,

Your complaint forwarded to concern section

complaint no is xxxx

Thanks
Internet Helpdesk
MTNL, Mumbai

to date there has been no change 🙁 & the joke is if I feed this complaint no. on their website to track complaints I get 'Complaint No. DOES NOT exist'.:wall::wall::wall:
Looks like I will have to visit the exchange to k... some A...

I am on the 599 Unlimited plan which should give 512kbps. I was synced to 604kbps but for a few days now I am synced at 498 kbps. I had written to helpdesk on 15th to which they replied
'Dear customer,

Your complaint forwarded to concern section

complaint no is xxxx

Thanks
Internet Helpdesk
MTNL, Mumbai

to date there has been no change 🙁 & the joke is if I feed this complaint no. on their website to track complaints I get 'Complaint No. DOES NOT exist'.:wall::wall::wall:
Looks like I will have to visit the exchange to k... some A...

My question to you is if you do go to the exchange, how will you word out your complaint ? You can't just say that I was getting a higher sync rate of 604 before and now my rate has been reduced to the correct rate i.e. 512, kindly increase it again 😛

My question to you is if you do go to the exchange, how will you word out your complaint ? You can't just say that I was getting a higher sync rate of 604 before and now my rate has been reduced to the correct rate i.e. 512, kindly increase it again 😛

:hysterical: My friend I have been synced to a speed which is below what I am supposed to get. For a 512kbps plan the DL sync rate is usually 604 kbps, so your actual speed will be around 512 kbps. I repeat again its been reduced to 498 kbps so I get around 435 kbps actual, which is below 512 kbps. I don't go to the exchange & talk to the front office guys as they are not technical, I approach the DGM who is responsible for these functions. I have met him in the past (during our 'April Problems') & found him to be very reasonable. I also have screen dumps of the speed test done on the MTNL site + that of the sync rate before & after. 😀

I am synced to 2050 kbps on a 512kbps plan & get speed of around 67 kBps (~536kbps).