Hardware Supplied

anirudhashish

Regular
I have been given a Typ IV modem MT841 it says WLAN,do i hae to put in a wifi card into it.Is this ard given by bsnl in the modem box or do i have to buy it.

The type IV modem has an inbuilt wireless router .If u have a laptop equipped with WLAN then u can connect with Dataone wirelessly.If u dont have a wireless card in ur desktop or laptop then u would have to buy one for ur PC.

Originally posted by sundar_milo@Jan 18 2006, 08:22 PM
The type IV modem has an inbuilt wireless router .If u have a laptop equipped with WLAN then u can connect with Dataone wirelessly.

If u dont have a wireless card in ur desktop or laptop then u would have to buy one for ur PC.
[snapback]39678[/snapback]
[/quote]

I do know the Type IV modem has built in Wles router but i read/heard came to know that one needs to put in a card or ome thing on the right side (PCI card) also i am not able to configure it to use the wi fi stuff also how do i use configure the laptop to hook on to the router the WLAN light never blinks.

I have a compaq presario laptop.I will tell u what i did for connecting to my wireless router which i bought it seprately other than the modem.First i powered ON my router and waited for 2 minutes.In my laptop i have a wireless icon in the system tray and i opened it.It showed the "wireless connections" window in which i clicked "refresh network list" .Then it showed the SSID of my wireless router .Also it automatically connected to the network.In minutes i was surfing the web B) BTW i have a Netgear Router and a D-Link ADSL modem.Try the same and i definetly dont know and havent seen the TYPE IV modem from BSNL.

i HAVE BEEN GIVEN THIS LAP TOP FROM MY OFFICE GUYS THERE TOO ARE NOT SURE IF THIS THING HAS WI FI ,MY SYSTEM TRAY IS EMPTY EXCEPT FOR YAHOO AND MSN AND OCASIONALLY I GET ALL KNOW ICONS THERE NEVER SEEN WIRELESS THERE,CAN U HELP ME ,TELL ME THE WAS I AN FIND OUT IF THIS THING IS WIFIF ENABLED,Also in my network connect i get two adapters one it the normal RJ 45 one another one says 1399 netwotk adapt,i checked samusung web for my model it says it is wifi enabled ,can any one help me find out.

Tell me the exact model of the laptop u r having so that i can give it a try.Well, in my network connections wizard i have 3 adapters . one is the normal RJ 45 ,the next is the 1394 adapter(also called firewire port),and the wireless network connection.I think u dont have the card installed properly.Try reinstalling it from the software provided.Also see that laptops may or may not have a WLAN depending on the type of model number.Say for example a laptop model 3211A has WLAN,and the model 3211 doesnt.So try finding about ur product correctly.Go to control panel >system>Hardware>Device manager and see under network adapters for a device related to Wireless lan cards.If u have it there then try uninstalling it and reinstall again by going to add/remove hardware.

Ok so now i get it,his is what i have,Nothing related to wireless in device manager,is there any way i can know if the card is there at all i meen can i c it or some thing.my office was helpless in it they dont know if it is wifi enabled.i have a samsung x06what i do have is two pcmi slot adapters i do have 1394 adapterand rj45 is there.is there any way i can use the 1394 for wire for wireless internet (i dont know what fire wire is).also i have two usb can i wi-fi would be too xpensive (router+card for laptop)do i have any other wireless option i need a max range of 5 mtrs but mind it i do not need wires.Pls suggest

Hey i've checked a site about your product and it says

Wireless:

I couldn't get the Intel 2200 B/G wireless to work on the installed driver but after downloading another one from Intel it worked straight away. No Bluetooth and no infrared -- a big drawback for me, but the size of the machine won the day when it came to a decision.

Try finding some other information from here :
http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2636

try downloading the driver from intel website at www.intel.com