Happy with triband NU

• Thread starter Thread starter santoo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,830

santoo

Hi Guys,

I would like to share my experience with triband NU 590. This plan rocks..! (at least for now he he) Though same can't be said for MTNL service.

I online applied for triband on July end. After one week no information from MTNL so I called up at 1500, they told me to apply personaly to telephone exchange (why?). I did that on 3 rd Aug. No reply from mtnl for next 15 days. 🤔 even my phone was dead. Then suddenly one day got call from mtnl. asked abt plan, number etc. told that I'll get connection next week. work order aa gaya hai!!! 😀 But again nobody came to install router. Now I fall in the hand of our mtnl babus. I called up 1504, got complaint #, they gave me my local exchange no. Called up there they told me to conatc Mr. Khan. talk to him. he gave another no. for triband service. I called up there. "Sahab chuuti par hai, I'll tell him" lady replied. next day again called up.. "Kounsa number, nahi ye mulund west ka office hai east ka number pe phone karo", deep voice reply. I called up at new number. "thik hai, I'll send engineer next day"
This process was continued for another one week. after several rounds of follow up i got triband. Spped 23-25 kbps.

Now it's almost one week. I download around 640 MB during night time. (450 -500 downloading torrents + 200 MB heavy surfing. ) getting around 27 kbps at night in paralle line..note that line splits first then it get connect adsl. I also tried with direct line but no noticable speed gain so i kept using parallel split line. for now i m happy with speed ( hopefully i'll not get whooping first bill 🙄 ) but still keeping my fingre crossed. kahi 1504 pe phone karna na pad jay.. 😛

here is the screen shot of my download.

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/1576/g4fy.jpg

cool 😛

NU is good as soon as you dont get into any problems ( or are able to handle tech problems on your own). As MTNL CC(Customer Care) sucks, I tell you my story,about 1 month ago there were a few sites which were not opening properly, I called their CC got a reply that we will fix the problem in next few hrs. ... but no reply called again same story, for 3 days this happened then one of my friend who was already registered here told me abt this site and said there have been posts here saying same things, then I joined this site and posted my problem and bingo! in a few hrs ppl here posted reason for that... it was some undersea cable fault. Since then I check this site b4 calling CCAnd this has happened to me 3-4 times I call them and do not get any satisfactory answers ( e.g I complained for slow speeds and they told will fix in 2 hrs but actually got good speeds after 8 and u can guess why)

Originally posted by osinghrathore@Sep 9 2005, 03:09 PM
NU is good as soon as you dont get into any problems ( or are able to handle tech problems on your own). As MTNL CC(Customer Care) sucks, I tell you my story,
about 1 month ago there were a few sites which were not opening properly, I called their CC got a reply that we will fix the problem in next few hrs. ... but no reply called again same story, for 3 days this happened then one of my friend who was already registered here told me abt this site and said there have been posts here saying same things, then I joined this site and posted my problem and bingo! in a few hrs ppl here posted reason for that... it was some undersea cable fault.

Since then I check this site b4 calling CC

And this has happened to me 3-4 times I call them and do not get any satisfactory answers ( e.g I complained for slow speeds and they told will fix in 2 hrs but actually got good speeds after 8 and u can guess why)
[snapback]24535[/snapback]
[/quote]
hi members just got my conne.. yesterday everything was fine yesterday night surfed for an hour and then downloaded about 500mb but frm today morning onwards i get connected shows all the lights even can download but not able to surf the only site that opens for me is majorgeeks.com whats the prob called up 1504(mumbai) and the samething she gave me a compliant number no idea what to do with it plz help :huh:

Check the DNS settings of ur router. Open the "Web Access" link or type http://192.168.1.1 in the Internet Explorer address bar. Username and passwd is "admin" by default.

Click on the DNS button on the left panel and make sure u hve the following set:

DNS Relay Selection: Use Auto Discovered DNS Server Only

Preferred DNS Server: 203.94.243.70

Alternate DNS Server: 203.94.227.70

It can also be a temporary problem, try rebooting ur modem also.

Hope it helps....... 🙂