• Thread starter Thread starter dr_nvkrishna
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 9,977
Originally posted by dr_nvkrishna@Jul 10 2005, 03:32 PM
2005 july 8.search in google news.
[snapback]15610[/snapback]
[/quote]

hey was there another news again on the 8th? if yes, will someone please paste the link to the `business standard' news clip in here please? thanks 🙂 Pupudada!

gavco, thank you, but this article was dated the 7th of july, which i have read. in fact i was referring to dr_nvkrishna's post which said about an article dated the 8th of july 🙂 pupudada!what are the opinions of you all.. will bsnl do it? i'm planning to get off by the end of this month and use dual packs (one unlimited time & one 25 hours unlimited 512kbps traffic of vsnl.. extra hours @ rs.25 per hour... one can easily d/load (+ u/load) 250mb during that period of one hour for which i would have to pay rs.500 to bsnl. seems the folks over there have not studied plain maths :huh:

Originally posted by pupudada@Jul 10 2005, 11:35 AM
gavco, thank you, but this article was dated the 7th of july, which i have read. in fact i was referring to dr_nvkrishna's post which said about an article dated the 8th of july 🙂 pupudada!

what are the opinions of you all.. will bsnl do it? i'm planning to get off by the end of this month and use dual packs (one unlimited time & one 25 hours unlimited 512kbps traffic of vsnl.. extra hours @ rs.25 per hour... one can easily d/load (+ u/load) 250mb during that period of one hour for which i would have to pay rs.500 to bsnl. seems the folks over there have not studied plain maths  :huh:
[snapback]15622[/snapback]
[/quote]
Which unlimited 512kbps VSNL plan you are talking about?

2 different packages.. one is unlimited usage hours like `bsnl' gives, but with a datacap.. (most suitable for browsingand light d/loads) the other is a 20 or 50 hours pack where one can use that much hours (excellent for d/loading as i can get steady speeds upto 70kBps). to know more about the rates of vsnl, please check out the link given below.. 🙂 Pupudada!

Code:
http://vsnl.ddsl.net

But not after july 1. We r expecting some good plans form BSNL. Regarding the service i must say it has been good even in the inital phase except for those slowtimes a month back...and no downtimes yet

Business hindu
BSNL plans early launch of video conferencing
New Delhi, July 12. (PTI): State-owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) will start offering video conferencing services in the next few weeks.

"We will be launching video conferencing services with BSNL in next three to four weeks," Yugal Sharma, country manager of NASDAQ-listed Polycom, which has provided technology for the project, said.

The services would be rolled out in five big cities to start with and later expanded to other cities.

BSNL is spending Rs 6-7 crores for the project in the first phase.

Originally posted by pupudada@Jul 10 2005, 04:13 PM
2 different packages.. one is unlimited usage hours like `bsnl' gives, but with a datacap.. (most suitable for browsingand light d/loads) the other is a 20 or 50 hours pack where one can use that much hours (excellent for d/loading as i can get steady speeds upto 70kBps). to know more about the rates of vsnl, please check out the link given below.. 🙂 Pupudada!

Code:
http://vsnl.ddsl.net
[snapback]15643[/snapback]

Saw it. May be it's an option. But is it available in Kolkata?

i was using that package before i switched over to `bsnl' in march go to their ultadange office and meet abhishek and tell him sanjay sett sent you. btw most of them know me and love me 😉 Pupudada!

puja399 MemberGroup: MembersPosts: 42Joined: 19-February 05From: Kolkatawink wink 🙂