HAHA - BSNL discussion at MIT.gov.in LOL

• Thread starter Thread starter vishalrao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,722
In US one pays about Rs 2500 per month for electricity bill and about Rs 1500 per month minimum for this kinda broadband connection.[/b]

well, i'm ready to pay both those bills of electricity and internet, if i get unlimited usage in it's true sense...

right now, i have to think twice before turning on the AC 🙁 and same with browsing between 8 am and 12 midnight...

it is so hot in here in gurgaon that without ac i cannot work on the computer and without computer i cannot work... so it goes together making me work harder every moment to cover up the expenses...

Originally posted by coolbuddy_79@Jun 22 2005, 07:36 AM
well, i'm ready to pay both those bills of electricity and internet, if i get unlimited usage in it's true sense...

right now, i have to think twice before turning on the AC 🙁 and same with browsing between 8 am and 12 midnight...
[snapback]13430[/snapback]
[/quote]

The electricity and the other charges mentioned there are in US standards - it's practically just nothing - say $55 on electricity bill or $35 on others - who cares? In India, it matters. In US, cost of labor or other admin is much higher but I feel somehow we are robbed here.

As far as BSNL is concerned, I continually face problem of disconnection. I sometimes get totally frustrated and feel aren't there at all good engineers with BSNL? Are all good guys leaving for offshore? I am saying it as in this forum I am not hearing anything good about any of the broadband service providers. Aren't there any reliable broadband service provider in India?

- Sukhen

You should not measure doller rates by multiplying the exchange rate @ Rs.50 per doller. You should compare the purchasing power of people having the same strata in the society.

Puja - A coke in most countries costs close to a Dollar but that does not make it cheap the way you are looking at the BB rates there.