H/w Needed For Bb Access By Lan'ed Pcs With A Single A/c..

• Thread starter Thread starter sohamsoham
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 1,649

sohamsoham

ISP
BSNL broadband
I have a BSNL-supplied(& -configured..alas :blink: ) UTStarcom WA3002-g1 ADSL router & I have connected its RJ-45 port to my LAN.
When I am connected to BB on my laptop that is also wi-fi enabled, I can connect OK with thru either its wi-fi or its RJ-45.
When any of my PCs in the LAN is connected to BB, I cannot access BB from any of the other PCs on the LAN, presumably because the port in the router is used up(They just don't accept my login info).
Will routers as Linksys WRT54G, Netgear WGT624 etc. allow me to surf simultaneously on 4 PCs thru the 4 ports on these routers, if I connect one of them to the LAN port of the UTStarcom router (that already has my login info)? Or with the UTStarcom itself can I surf on multiple PCs with a single BB connection? I am yet to access the user guide for the BSNL router... 🙁
Sachith

QUOTE(sohamsoham @ Mar 12 2007, 10:26 AM) [snapback]83075[/snapback]
I have a BSNL-supplied(& -configured..alas :blink: ) UTStarcom WA3002-g1 ADSL router & I have connected its RJ-45 port to my LAN.
When I am connected to BB on my laptop that is also wi-fi enabled, I can connect OK with thru either its wi-fi or its RJ-45.
When any of my PCs in the LAN is connected to BB, I cannot access BB from any of the other PCs on the LAN, presumably because the port in the router is used up(They just don't accept my login info).
Will routers as Linksys WRT54G, Netgear WGT624 etc. allow me to surf simultaneously on 4 PCs thru the 4 ports on these routers, if I connect one of them to the LAN port of the UTStarcom router (that already has my login info)? Or with the UTStarcom itself can I surf on multiple PCs with a single BB connection? I am yet to access the user guide for the BSNL router... 🙁
Sachith[/b]
SOLUTION: The solution for this what must be a common requirement appears so simple that I am wondering that many pros among you did not bother to answer..
This is precisely what ADSL modem-switch-routers as Linksys DG834G etc. with their 4-port switches do! Similar products exist with D-Link & Netgear also, I am sure. They all take one web interface & their 4 ports( not to mention their wireless connectivity) share the single connection.
Prices are as cheap as 3000Rs too, compared to 1-port devices around 2000Rs, which do not have switching ability in spite of their wired & wireless connections !!
The only question is whether one can daisy-chain such devices to get 16, 64 etc. PCs in the LAN. Probably Yes?
Sachith 🙄