Guys, Change your admin password on the router!

• Thread starter Thread starter adwait
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 7,641
i guess if mtnl people is reading this then someone of might be the first one get caught!

and does this mean if i type someone else passn at that time he is online so will be also online simultaniouly.n whatever i do will be billed in his acc not in mine.

Originally posted by akash@Aug 21 2005, 03:14 PM
i guess if mtnl people is reading this then someone of might be the first one get caught!
[snapback]22497[/snapback]
[/quote]
When I saw the first add for DSL:NU and called mtnl to enquire about it the person attending the call herself wasnt aware of such a plan.I doubt they wolud be searching the net for forums like these looking into customer problems and stumbling on to this page.Highly unlikely.

dude dittosame with me i went to QCSC they told they do not know anything bot it.and after one week i went again they told they donot have software to change my plan!!!!I got nu after 1-2 months of it came out!

@arunBingo....I doubt any of those idiots @ MTNL, even know properly how to surf the net!@akashapparently so......but then how is the IP address billed? I mean, only 1 address is free, and if you login simulataneously form two locations, you'll have to be alloted 2 ips....@dearashwinno prob yaar......I got so many cool tricks from this forum (especially bridge mode 🙂 ), thought id contribute a little 🙂Adwait

Originally posted by akash@Aug 21 2005, 03:19 PM
and does this mean if i type someone else pass
n at that time he is online so will be also online simultaniouly.
n whatever i do will be billed in his acc not in mine.
[snapback]22500[/snapback]
[/quote]

yes whatever u do will be billed in his account and not urs 🙂 usage is calculated through username/pass and speed is fixed through the phone line 🙂

Originally posted by muttster`@Aug 21 2005, 03:58 PM
yes whatever u do will be billed in his account and not urs 🙂 usage is calculated through username/pass and speed is fixed through the phone line 🙂

lol i guess we need a MTNL backroom forum!

someone can take a zero rent plan and use someone else dsl nu account at nites....free broadband 😛 eerm! but if u get caught they would charge u i suppose
[snapback]22512[/snapback]
[/quote]
WOW!I totally forgot about the no rental plan.and if we are using it at night,i dont thin that guy will bother.This way it wont even prick my concience 😛

Like I said, if you happen to logon simulatneously.......there will be two IPs assigned for one connection. If that happens, I guess MTNL will charge for extra IP, because only 1 is free. I think the charge for an extra IP is 1000 bucks or so for a year.

The 1 IP address they provide is for 1 phoneline. so for another phone line u will get another ip address..no charging or anything.ive done it many times and no charges 🙂

quick question, i have 2 mtnl connections... one is a 256kbps and one is 1 MBps.. if i were to swap passwords, would the 256 become a 1 mbps and vice versa or would the sync rates not change?

u ca use both for 1mbps399 for 1mbps 😛 if u have got nu then u can put the pass in ur 1mb cka phone line main n use whole night at 1mbps without being charged !!!!

yes! you can put ur dsl nu username and password in the night and get the full 1mbps and Not get charged for full 8 hours straight! however u cannot change sync rates coz its tied to phone line. so in the 1mbps phone line u'll have to put the dsl nu username and password and enjoy for 8 hourswhat sync rates u get for 1mbps? the mtnl website says sync rates can be upto 8mbps for dsl silver, gold and premium.

i request modrator to delete this thread. cause it information which some can misuse it.n just put a stiky note bot changing the amin pass stating that it is for security reason.cause this thread has range of ips, name of software so any one can misuse the info . giveing someone else a massive bill.

how would u find the CA number ? (the default password)..its not that easy mate..but yeah thread can be deleted.it'll be understandable..note: all information i provide is for entertainment purposes only.Im in no way reponsible for the consequences 🙂