Guys, Change your admin password on the router!

adwait

[OP]
Regulars
Jul 8, 2005
Hello people!Just thought I'd warn you guys.......I ran a port scan today on the MTNL range of ips 59.182.*.*, to see how many people were online. I checked a few ips, and the default passowords were still the same......so I could get into the admin page of the router with the default password!!I could have easily checked out their username/password and logged on to the net with their accounts!Just thought I'd warn you guys to change yours :)Adwait

akash

Regulars
Regulars
Jul 18, 2005
how do port scan??/

adwait

[OP]
Regulars
Jul 8, 2005
I guess you would need some software to do it on windows. I am on Linux, so I can just use nmap.

adwait

[OP]
Regulars
Jul 8, 2005
I can't really reccomend any, since its been quite a while since I used Windows. But you could try www.download.com, theres bound to be software there.

muttster`

Regulars
Regulars
Mar 25, 2005
all ips are coming dead here (using angry ip scanner..scanning 59.182.22.0 to 59.182.25.0)dunno why not working for me i wanna see :pedit: oops im using multiple connections so angry ip must be using sify..will check later

akash

Regulars
Regulars
Jul 18, 2005
i dosn't mattereven u can get it from dial upset the port to 21,22,23,80it's fun to see that more than 1000 people in mumbai were online yrsday nightis there any way by which i can go inside there pc!!!

adwait

[OP]
Regulars
Jul 8, 2005
No there isnt...........not unless they have a server configured, in which case you would be able to see the shared files only.

arun

Regular
Regulars
Jul 30, 2005
Who knows maybe all those Mbs of our quota mysteriously getting used up wasnt really mtnl at fault :(