[Guide] BSNL AONT-100C Elevated Access Admin Panel (Telnet)

ISP
BSNL Fibre
Hi everyone, I'm making this post to help some of you guys who own the AONT-100C modem and want to modify settings that you usually cannot.
Before I begin, I would like to make the following points clear:

1) I am not responsible for anything you do with your modem. This guide is for entertainment purposes only.
2) This guide may void your warranty. I am not responsible if it does.
3) Please make sure you know what you're doing before trying anything in this guide. Some commands/modifications might brick your modem.
4) This guide may or may not work on your device. This seems to work on mine and I've had no problems with it.
5) I'm not a pro when it comes to coding/hardware, I just know the basics. Pardon any mistakes made in this guide.
6) Please privately message me here and I will take the guide down if there's an issue or it violates any rules.

How to get access to the modem's telnet/elevated admin panel:
1) Make sure you backup/note all your modem settings & internet connection login details provided by your ISP. We'll be resetting the modem for this guide to work.
2) Check your modem and see if the "TEST" led light is turned on. If the "TEST" light is turned off, follow the steps below.
3) Take a pin/pen and press the "RESET" button located behind the modem for 15 seconds till the "POWER" led starts blinking rapidly.
4) Wait for the modem to start. If you see the "TEST" light glowing in green, you're good to go.

How to access the modem's telnet/elevated admin panel:
1) Download PuTTY (Download PuTTY - a free SSH and telnet client for Windows) or any other TELNET Client. (I personally use the one built into Windows. You'll have to enable it from the optional features list).
2) Connect to "192.168.1.251" via the Telnet Client.
3) Use the following credentials to log in:
Username: root
Password: admin

4) Once you've logged in, you should see a blank screen like this:
7SXakQO.webp

5) Type "enable" without quotation marks and press enter. You will notice that the text in the telnet client/black screen changes from "ONT>" to "#ONT>".
"#ONT>" signifies that the terminal is now active/enabled.

6) Type "?" without quotation marks and press enter to view available commands. Example below:
528gXGX.webp

7) To access various system settings, type "system" and press enter. Now type "?" to view commands that are available to use. Example below:
DBE4IM7.webp

PS: You can get into each menu by typing its name. For example, if you want to access the debug menu, just type "debug" and press "?" to view available commands.
If you're an advanced user, you'll know how to navigate.

How to access the file manager/shell:
1) Login to the telnet panel and activate it. If you don't know how to do it, follow the guide above.
2) Type "system" and hit enter.
3) Once you see the list of system settings/options, type "shell".
4) Once you've typed "shell", type "?" to see available commands.
5) To list all the folders/files, type "ls" and hit enter. You'll now be able to see all the folders/files in the modem. Screenshot below:
YJAxuXz.webp

Shell Commands/Functions:

Type "busybox --help" without quotation marks and hit enter. You should now see a big list of commands that you can use.
If you don't know what a command does, try appending "--help" to it. Example: reboot --help

Additional commands that I'm aware of:
dnsmasq --help
clear

How to reset the modem and go back to factory settings:
Note: this will turn off the "TEST" light and you won't be able to access the modem via telnet anymore.

1) Login to the modem admin page: 192.168.1.251
2) Click on the "Maintain" menu and select "Factory Default".
3) Click "Reset".

This should now reset your modem back to normal and the test light will turn off.

Points to note:
1) Make sure you set up your modem and configure it from the modem admin page so you can connect to the internet again. The reset would've caused your modem to forget the details your ISP provided.

2) Do not mess with commands/functions you're not aware of. This can and will brick your device.

I hope this guide helps you out. I decided to write this because I couldn't find any other guide for the AONT-100C modem.
Should you have any doubts, you can reach out to me here via private message and I will try to respond to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any way to enable advanced settings like custom dns in gui using telnet?

Is it possible to get option to enable bridge mode or to edit voip settings?

Any way to enable advanced settings like custom dns in gui using telnet?

Is it possible to get option to enable bridge mode or to edit voip settings?

I tried setting custom DNS through telnet but it doesn't seem to work. I don't think there's a way to set custom DNS through the GUI either.

And regarding Bridge/VOIP, I guess there are settings that you could use. Look for it in the "system" menu once you enter telnet.
I reckon seeing VOIP settings.

@Starcat Is it possible to unlock the jioFiber ONT?

I don't own a JIOFibre ONT so I can't really help you with it.
You could try connecting to it via telnet and see if it responds.

Last edited:
Factory reset is not turning off test led.
DNS is being set to DHCP and not PPPoE.
Also certain commands give error 2(Ex: PPPoE when in net menu, maybe bsnl has server side permission).

@TurboUser
1) The "test" light on my device turns off even after a simple reboot. I'm not sure why it's not happening on yours. Try resetting multiple times.
2) I'm aware of that, I'm trying to figure out a way to set custom DNS for PPPoE.
3) I did encounter "Error = 2". I'm assuming there are additional parameters for the "pppoe" command which haven't been documented.
For example, if I type "pppoe xyz", the error doesn't appear. The command with the "xyz" parameter doesn't return anything.

Factory reset is not turning off test led.
DNS is being set to DHCP and not PPPoE.
Also certain commands give error 2(Ex: PPPoE when in net menu, maybe bsnl has server side permission).

1) The "test" light on my device turns off even after a simple reboot. I'm not sure why it's not happening on yours. Try resetting multiple times.

2) I'm aware of that, I'm trying to figure out a way to set custom DNS for PPPoE. I suggest you enter the shell and go to /tmp/. You'll find various configuration files that you can edit. Just type "cat filename" to view its contents and use the vi command to edit the file.

3) I did encounter "Error = 2". I'm assuming there are additional parameters for the "pppoe" command which haven't been documented.
For example, if I type "pppoe xyz", the error doesn't appear. The command with the "xyz" parameter doesn't return anything.

This is the progress i have made so far. You can have the admin mode enabled.
#ONT/system/misc>admin_en get
admin_en: 01
#ONT/system/misc>admin_en set 0 or 1
1 is enable
0 is disable

I am going through the Alphion olt commands to check how to enable bridge mode. If i find anything, will update. I have taken a couple of file dumps before activation and after activation. Will post the findings.

Additional commands can be found @ https://wenku.baidu.com/view/740413f40029bd64793e2c29.html

hey could you provide mega/gdrive link for the manual , as its not letting me downloading and making account in baidu is pain in the ass

@Starcat : can u please guide me how to setup VOIP with VLAN and Static ip in AONT-100C using telnet, i have checked config files under /tmp directory and tried with traffic/voip option, but no luck. please help