Gudalur - Pandalur - BSNL / Vodafone egde usb stick

• Thread starter Thread starter ajeethkumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,344

ajeethkumar

ISP
BSNL
I am travelling this weekend for a month stay at Gudalur ( Pandalur) near to ooty, need to access internet on regular basis.. Which will work ????: BSNL / Vodafone- egde usb stick ?Regards

In Ooty city itself,I tried Tata photon data card last year.Nothing. I was told BSNL has execellent coverage in the hills and surprisingly MTS too (may be they are ysing BSNL towers)3G b eing 2100 mhz not work very well due to elevation and trees.is pandalur between OOTY-Gudalur or Gudalur-Mysore ? I normally camp in Coonoor during summer.Wellington Gymkhana has a fine golf course overlooking hills & forests.if you stay in the village /town proper with nearby tower 10-15-20 kBps Gprs browsing should be ok. if you are living in a tea estate guest house far away from road (I have been in such situation) ,signal will be very weak.carry a unlocked usb stick with all the sims you got.

In Ooty city itself,I tried Tata photon data card last year.Nothing. I was told BSNL has execellent coverage in the hills and surprisingly MTS too (may be they are ysing BSNL towers)
3G b eing 2100 mhz not work very well due to elevation and trees.
is pandalur between OOTY-Gudalur or Gudalur-Mysore ?
I normally camp in Coonoor during summer.Wellington Gymkhana has a fine golf course overlooking hills & forests.
if you stay in the village /town proper with nearby tower 10-15-20 kBps Gprs browsing should be ok. if you are living in a tea estate guest house far away from road (I have been in such situation) ,signal will be very weak.
carry a unlocked usb stick with all the sims you got.

Hi,

Thanks for your swift reply. Pandalur is in calicut road from Gudalur. Almost 14kms from Gudalur. Will be staying in tea estate but just 1/2 km from main road.

Regards

Summer-staying away from the metro &crowds in pandalur tea estate sounds divine. During may-June kind of hot but every now and then rains. so pleasent weather. If it is your first time, then you can go up and down OOTY-Coonoor toy train for fun.I drive all the way to Coonoor from Hyderabad ( 3 people 2 Tier a/c nowadays is not cheap+taxi +all luggage for extended travel). having vehilcle in the hills is nice. (driving not that easy)I take Hyd-Bangalore-salem-Coimbatore-Coonoor while going and come back via Coonoor-Ooty-Mysore-bangalore-Hyderabad.Ooty Mysore road goes via Gudalur .if you are a young man and single, book your motorcycle(should be relatively new) by chennai-mettupalayam express and drive it from mettupalayam to coonoor-ooty-gudalur. will be quite an adventureIf you have only post paid, take a couple of prepaid sims of airtel/docomo etc or best buy prepaid sim in Ooty/Gudalur itself after checking with the local shop. (Easy if you have a TN state proof of address otherwise a bit more tedious)

I will be travelling by car from chennai via banglore/mysore-Gudalur. Coming with my family. Checked only Vodafone/ BSNL mobile works there. So bought both. Yes train travelling with more members is become expensive and for that we can drive the car.

Your car route is the best as Gudalur is nearer via Bangalore/Mysore. Enjoy your summer break . BSNL,Voda Edge data packs should serve your purpose.