Gtpl review: poor service

• Thread starter Thread starter gtplsuck
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,542
ISP
GTPL
So I subscribed to gtpl from last December , I contacted their sales team a guy called me and I verified availability and paid 6000 for 50mbps unmetered internet for a year. Now the technican came to set it up and tto my surprise he was laying cat cable instead of optic fiber that the sales guy told me I enquired about it and it turned out that my area did not have fiber connectivity and they could provide me max 40mbps connection , I didn't accept the low speed connection because I was paying for 50mbps and asked for refund many calls later they were unwilling to refund my money and I accepted the connection on condition that they refund me the remaining money (it took them them 3 months to process )my refund.

Now the connection,
pros:
It has really low ping to csgo and dota 2 servers number
Really good peering with google , DigitalOcean and akami(cdn that steam uses)

Cons:
Initially it appeared that they were capping all the international traffic at 300kBytes/s (more about it in later in this review)
Everything that is not india /middle-east is routed through Singapore (if the geoip data from trace route results is to be believed)
They appear to be using jio's backbone.
So that make ping higher for European servers.

Now ,for first few months I discovered that they were capping speed of single connection to international server at 300kBps because the uploads were never affected in fact I got 2mbps download and 20mbps upload when testing with new york server..
After a few months I finally decided to complaint it took them several complaint + week to fix speed issue the technican told me it was overpopulated dp box but I don't believe him as speed to other servers like google /steam was never affected by this.

Now I get around 1.5-2 MByte/s for European servers,
3-4 MByte/s for Singapore servers...
1.5MBytes/s to los-angles

There have not been major downtime expect one time when it was down for a week ,
But this week it has already seen 3 days downtime, and it is down again

Poor Hathway service to international servers is a well known issue pan India.
They limit international traffic speed, I don't know for what reason they do this tho.
Never prepay a provider unless everything is confirmed and don't actually buy a service unless you test it yourself, some providers even local allow you test their network in their office if they can't provide a trial plan.
But ofcourse Hathway won't do this, since they are one egoistic snobs.

I don't have much options only bsnl ,you , gtpl and (tikona?) , I tried you had really bad speeds to international servers not throttled just bad , they had bad ping to csgo india servers+ packet loss , I knew gtpls service sucked but atleast they provided playable ping most of the time,

For gtpl upload was never affected ,
I always got full speed in torrent download (although for single peer max speed still was throttled but with lot of seeders I got acceptable speed)
And I never felt internet connection was slow while browsing only while downloading it was constantly locked to 300kBps so I assumed they were throttling, but it is good now I will share some results later,

Jio's fibre line is literally one house and a road away from my house but they refuse to give me connection so I am stuck with gtpl.

Also I really like everytime a technician visits from gtpl he is crying about how stupid the company is how much work he has to do how old equipment it is , I mean nice try but, doesn't gtpl pay you for this job if you not satisfied get another job they will hire another person to solve my problem