GTPL 2020 review - (gtpl uses jio fiber backend)

• Thread starter Thread starter Smh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 73
  • Views Views 48,822
Any GTPL users from Patna?
How is the experience?
What are the installation charges and have they shifted to Fiber connections?
A few months back when I had enquired, they were only providing a 40Mbps connection.

If possible, please share ping for 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1 .

Hi guys! I am an even bigger noob and have no idea with respect to the equipment or the terminology in this field. I'll heavily rely on your guidance.

So basically I have a gtpl fibre connection (Fiber to Home) with a zte modem cum router. Now I want to separate them 2 to gain the maximum speed and efficiency because I cant get that right now. So if you guys could suggest what I should do.

I am too wanting a reply from those with a similar setup and wanting to or have done what I propose. TIA.

What you should basically do is buy a new router and do something called Bridging in your ZTE modem which will allow you to separate the modem and give separate router functionality for the router you desire to use

Pretty much every broadband user uses the same setup . So what you are requesting is not new
Also if you plan on buying a new router and need suggestions , do tell your budget

This will allow better speeds and range efficiency

Thanks @shashankb! Well I am not adept with what is Bridging so I will need assistance there. And my budget for the router well could be 5k, and I do not know whether that should be enough for a 100mbps connection or not.

Can you post a screenshot of the router WAN page you are using ? There will be something like WAN connection or just WAN/Internet ?

Is your home less than 1200 sqft ? Do you mainly use Wifi or Ethernet ?

For some reason the site isn't allowing me to upload the image of the page you are asking for. However, I have posted the details of the page below.
Type: PPPoE
Connection Name: GTPL
IP Version: IPv4
NAT: Enabled
IP-
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.255
Gateway-
DNS-
IPv4 Connection Status: Connected
IPv4 Online duration: 15599
Disconnect Reason: None
WAN MAC-

I've got a house >1200 sq.ft and its 2 floors. I use both ethernet and wifi. Ethernet for my laptops and wifi for other devices.

Yeah so I will give you a basic idea.. the type of connection where you see is PPPoE , that you should change it to Bridge when adding a new router.
What this does is , in simple words gives all the router functionality which is being done by modem to your desired router . In the new router you enter your Username and Password by selecting PPPoE . That way your ZTE modem just converts optical signal to electronic

I think you will need 1 Router and 1 Additional access point if house is more than 1200 sqft and has 2 floors. signal depends on many factors , so kinda hard to tell without proper home plan what to suggest

This company(GTPL) is worst from entire time they founded. (GTPL) Loot is their basic manta. Not solving customer problem is their happiness, taking time making them rich by not using any data by their customer. and we talk about data plan trust me you will get big zero in speed test by google. In 1 year plan you have 50 days access of internet and all other days are for them(GTPL) because their staff wants that data for education because all are uneducated and doing job and making fool to us. I am so glade you made me greater fool by trusting you again and facing same mistakes. Don't worry, we are here to help you and give our money for no service. you enjoy with our money and hire "Boman Irani" brand ambassador to make in India to making fool in India. You did great job you hired "Virus" and try to convincing new user to join and loose your valuable money because you cant beg directly so its corporate style to beg in front of people. People have kindness they will give you whatever you want now be happy and do your work which you always doing. do nothing. fool people, smile when u get complaints, blame each other. do whatever. no one gonna keep you stop. happy GTPL lootera day.

They are pretty unprofessional though as only sales in handled by gtpl and installation part is outsourced. Sales team or customer support have no control over installation team who act like lco even though there is no direct lco.

But once setup is done everything worked okay for me, internet was the usuable.

GTPL Broadband service is worst in the industry,
every morning when i come to office at 9 am ,GTPLl broadband is not working.they say on phone will resolve your problem in 24 hrs. in evening they resume your broadband. doing this from last week.then before this problem persist every 2-3 days from last month. when you pay them for 1 year ,your broadband work good in 2-3 months then problem persist. now every morning either wire cut or electricity not there in other area or some else problem.end of the day you ask for help for whole day and they came to your place in evening.
I am at ankleshwar which is 4 hours from their main ahmedabad office. if they send a man at 9 am when i complain in morning the guy will be at my office in 4 hrs but it is just assumption .as there men available locally in ankleshwar. but the service guy come to your office at 5.30 pm every time or later then that time .
this is also shows the service guy lasyness and company's policy and strategy.

Vanraj Gothana