GTPL 2020 review - (gtpl uses jio fiber backend)

• Thread starter Thread starter Smh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 73
  • Views Views 48,837
Down -36 , up - 20 check first page for speedtest results. No complains about speed, even if I use VPN of US, EU server download speed is full.

Stability is a bit issue, too much random packet loss usually gets fixed after restarting. Some issue with google networks for this I use vpn.

Check ACT they are expanding rapidly here but plans are shit as even airtel offers unlimited for 799.

GTPL is the main provider here . If they have upgraded their infra in your area, it should be usable.

Let me know if you want to check some pings or something.

Yes, I checked it, actually I need one Vadodara and in my area You Broadband and GTPL only two options are showing.
You Broadband giving as Coaxial Cable (which is waste of money) and GTPL guy said max 40 Mbps available over Ethernet. And no FTTH is available.

As I have to work from home and a stable internet is required with alteast 30 Mbps upload.

BSNL is fucking costly.
Seems like Hathway isn't available as well. Input a request online, let's see.
No ACT or Airtel.
Airtel was my first choice but they are not providing in area as well.

And this GTPL seem like won't work for me as well.

I shouldn't not move to Vadodara, if I had known about this much worse condition of Internet here.
Should have stayed back in Gurgaon

Gtpl's parent company is Hathway. Full name GTPL Hathway.

It is not that bad atleast for me. You can try the 3 months plan as I did to check their service. I will soon return to Delhi just few more days here.

One my friend from Surat said Hathway directly give better deal. And way better than GTPL.

And I am already missing NCR.

Atleast in Delhi and NCR region so many local ISP.

Here is nothing like that.

One my friend from Surat said Hathway directly give better deal. And way better than GTPL.

wrong. Delhi has no many ISPs

Very lucky people are those who have it. Rest of the Delhi is either monopoly or duopoly where both the players has cons.

yes not all areas in NCR still have good isp. Good thing is here you don't have to worry about rival isp cutting cables and stuff like that. A lot of underground fiber laying work is also going on here very aggressively don't know which isp but they have dug up all streets.

life is slow here even before lockdown shops/market will close before 9pm which was quite strange for me.

Been using GTPL from a week, seems pretty good

Here is ping to 1.1.1.1 & 8.8.8.8

yBm5VtZ.webp

z0ksK2f.webp

hEwaMKV.webp

Here is ping to CSGO Servers (India West) :

1594611286690.webp

Ping to AWS ap-south-1 (Mumbai)
1594611456718.webp

Ping to AWS ap-southeast-1 (Singapore)
1594611497503.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not using GTPL anymore even though the pings are good but the browsing experience felt a bit laggy (for the lack of better word) specially on mobile it was really bad. For streaming anything I would always use my mobile data.

i acquire GTPL here in Vadodara and LCO provided max 40 Mbps Plan as they said they dont have fiber in my location and in Ethernet they do not offer more than 40 Mbps plan.

Connection activated last Tuesday, since then no issue.
I didnt use their router. I am using my own TP-Link Archer A6 and having no browsing or streaming issue.

Speed is 40 Mbps so can not do much but total are 8 wifi devices are connected (including one laptop and TV) and one desktop via Ethernet.

they have many sites blocked.

Atleast i guess better than You Broadband coaxial cable, in which YB offered me max 7-8 Mbps up speed in 75 Mbps Plan.

Though I have noticed if you're on FTTH, it would be better in both.
But I have no experience on FTTH on GTPL.

If they upgraded in future into FTTH, then will let you know.

Till then can not say how much GTPL is good in long term.

@Smh I am not having any problem with Pings or streaming on PC or TV could not reach for 1080p in primevideo and netflix i could stream 1080p easily.
YT have no issue

@Vickey007 What area in Vadodara?

It's sad that there are not many options for broadband here, though Jio Fiber guys came to my house and said their connection is available, they only provide 5mbps Upload in their plans.

If any one of you guys have used Jio Fiber in vadodara, can you please share your experience

MAKARPURA,
I asked Jio too, but they said they need permission to laid cables in society. And I said they have do this themselves.

Also, jio in 100 Mbps plan provide 10 Mbps and 25 Mbps up speed in 250 Mbps plan.

So they either doesn't have knowledge of upload speed or something else.

You should check jio category about more information on it.