Blinkit (Grofers) News & Updates

Grofers seems to have changed policies this week. minimum order for free delivery is raised. membership charges are also supposedly raised. delivery charges are also raised.

In addition to delivery charges, they have now added this packaging charges as well. This cannot be bypassed.

j4Vsf88.png

zomato added it fairly recently. in the last 2 years so. plus food delivery is completely different from grocery delivery. food delivery is done usually an hour of placing the order. grocery comes after 2/3/4 days. there is no time factor involved. one guy is involved in delivering the food from restaurant to your home. with Grofers... there are multiple guys involved. warehouse people who package the order to loading people who load it in the vehicle to actual delivery people. in case of delivery by a four-wheeler, there are two guys, one is driving and another one is actually carrying product to your house and so on.

this is basically like asking to pay your postman a tip on every delivery of letter or your LPG guy or your newspaper guy. what next? Amazon and flipkart expecting you to tip their delivery people?

the other point here is that you have no idea how the money is being distributed. are they collecting it into a fund and then distributing it evenly? that's not tipping. that's just another charge. if you want to thank your delivery boy, pay him cash on the spot.

Last edited:
to add here. Grofers now charge Rs. 49 for delivery (free delivery is now over Rs. 1200 instead of Rs. 500 even for loyalty program members). there is a 15 rupee charge for packaging which is mandatory on every order. and now they want you to add a tip as well.

Yeah Grofers is being unreasonable in this regard.
But lpg guys survive with the mandatory tip like 30-50 bucks atleast here in chennai.
They survive with that only, salary is peanuts. I used to give cash tip but in these times unfortunately we can't do that.

whoa. i don't think my mom has ever tipped the lpg delivery guy. is that a more common thing around the country?

i cannot find any reference of Grofers donating to pm cares fund so i guess i cannot blame them for at least that.

You know what, even we don't really tip the LPG delivery guys, and now I am asking myself, why don't we..

They literally do a far more difficult job than most other folks around.

Yeah Grofers is being unreasonable in this regard.
But lpg guys survive with the mandatory tip like 30-50 bucks atleast here in chennai.
They survive with that only, salary is peanuts. I used to give cash tip but in these times unfortunately we can't do that.

ok so i just remembered. once i paid the lgp guy as mom was busy. i took back the change the guy gave me. mom later told me i shouldn't have done that. it seems like she basically doesn't take back the rounded amount to nearest 50.

lpg payments can now be made online. i assume they lose out on such tips with online payments. 🤔