Great News - Bsnl enabled IPv6.

• Thread starter Thread starter Ejaz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 66
  • Views Views 8,287
Bad News - BSNL is still shit.

If your area uses Juniper equipment then IPv6 should be available. You could lookup the mac address of the PPPoE server and see if its of a Juniper device. If you are still on legacy systems, then no IPv6.

Sorry, yes I was referring to the equipment on BSNL's side as @Elavarasan confirmed. I think its called a BNG (Broadband Network Gateway) and an entire district can be under one or two BNGs, so its definitely not based on your local area or the LCO.

In my case it says Connected to 20:d8:0b:d4:8d:f4 via interface eth3.702 which when you do a MAC lookup shows that the prefix belongs to Juniper

U0dEQKz.png

Ahh an over reaction on my part. I won't deny I was really hopeful for a moment.

How do you MAc scan your gateway /OLT/BNG?

Has BSNL Kerala recently updated their HARDWARE to Juniper or whatever higher end.

Or is it country/state wide?(other states also apart from Kerala)

How do you MAc scan your gateway /OLT/BNG?

This info is available when you make the PPPoE connection. Some routers display it in the UI too.

Regarding the hardware upgrade, I've been getting IPv6 since more than a year. Not all areas in Kerala are upgraded, some are still on the legacy Ericsson (I think) hardware. Perhaps the pandemic has slowed the upgrades 🤷🏻‍♂️

My city BNG is a Juniper , but those fellows have still not enabled IPv6. I get nothing in the IP and PPPoE does not establish if I select only IPv6