GPRS Via PC

• Thread starter Thread starter puneet28
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 8,966
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ puneet28 first of all you have to install Nokia pc suite. you have to see in my computer properties, go to hardware then device manager , then in modems expand +, there you will see your nokia usb modem. secondly go to start , then control panel then click phone and modem options, then click modems, there you will see your nokia usb modem com port , after selecting its properties, select advanced tab, there give extra initialisation command " AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET . Thirdly you have to create a dial up connection by following this procedure : click start, then all programs, accessories, then network setup wizard and follow the instructions, in place of phone no. enter *99***1#. this procedure is for WIndows XP3. hope it may help and give your feedback. regards lubob

@puneet28 one thing i forgot to tell you in ur mobile phone settings use access point as TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

@puneet i posted a reply explaining the procedure but moderator has still not posted my reply. firstly u have to install ur mobile phone pc suite to pc and confirm it in device manager whether in modems section u have usb mobile modem. secondly u have to give extra initialisation command like this . goto control panel click phone & modem option,click modems, then in ur Nokia usb modem properties click advanced tab and enter this line. AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET . Then create a dial up connection using APN TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET and phone no. *99***1# . i hope this will help you and give ur feedback. regards

first of all i am using windows 7 x64..

i tried your way... but when i go to create dial-up connection it is

Windows Could not detect a dial up modem..
Is the modem connected ?
Is the modem switched on ?]

--> Try Again

--> Set Up coneection anyway..

when i click set up connection anyway, connection is created but i can't connect...

in Adaptar settings under Network and sharing Centre.. dial up connection adaptor has no CONNECT OR STATUS option.. plus it shows unavialble or device missing...

what is the problem ??

Please help me

@puneet28
You first need to install your phone's driver and then you can only use your phone a modem. Try installing your phone's driver cd. If this doesn't solve the problem try running the driver cd in compatibility mode. Also download latest Nokia OVI Suite. Also make sure you have PC Suite option turned on in your Phone.

simply install pc suite, connect via usb cable.Click connect to internet in pc suite softwareit will do everything in background like creating dial up connection, installing modem, dialing

Status
Not open for further replies.