• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,244

devx101

Senior
ISP
LL/cable/3G then bck to EDGE
Govt to provide countrywide optical fibre broadband - Times Of India

Government has decided to own and operate a countrywide broadband network with an optical fibre base through which different operators could provide a range of services
"This network would be the way governance will be delivered to the whole nation" reaching out to the last village, he added. The minister recalled how several countries were supporting optical fibre and wireless broadband networks to reach out to everyone. He termed this project as "unprecedented" in its reach and its vision.

Looks like govt. has finally having some plans for bandwidth starved nation ...:angelnot:

considering the speed at which our govt moves i have serious doubt this wud even fructify. they had made this fiber optic backbone plan long time back. to be fair there are signs of ftth being given a push looking at bsnl n mtnl plan being rolled out. but again the plans are either crappy speeds and small fup's or high speed plans and ridiculous pricing.

^ don't worry airtel,reliance etc are behind the a** of the government to make sure it gets implemented fast... and about bsnl's and mtnl's ftth rollout(which are way too small by any standards) they are surely going to come under the net of LLU ones new NTP comes.

Milind Deora is on Twitter, why don't you Guys ask him Directly?

considering the speed at which our govt moves i have serious doubt this wud even fructify. they had made this fiber optic backbone plan long time back. to be fair there are signs of ftth being given a push looking at bsnl n mtnl plan being rolled out. but again the plans are either crappy speeds and small fup's or high speed plans and ridiculous pricing.
Govt is asking all the Cable Operators to Go digitalby 2014.
- I'm Sure Govt is not sleeping now even after 6 years when this draft of FTTH was proposed.
- I don't know whether hayai has layed the fiber but Govt has hired some company and they are laying fiber in Rest of the areas where the fiber has not been layed yet.

^ don't worry airtel,reliance etc are behind the a** of the government to make sure it gets implemented fast... and about bsnl's and mtnl's ftth rollout(which are way too small by any standards) they are surely going to come under the net of LLU ones new NTP comes.
Then what the hell will those companies do with their Dakkan Copper? Provide 8Mbps? I think you haven't Gone through the articles.
The thing is Our sardar Manmohan(GOVT) wants India to compete with China (From what i Read in the articles) with Respect to the Broadband speeds and Internet Users.

Let us hope this project does not get mired in corruption!! Or attain a natural demise!!!

----------

Mr Deora has not out-sourced his twits, I presume!

I believe Milind is Good Guy. Because of our Raja Sitting and Eating Paisa.. India Broadband Scene wasn't changing! Even Companies won't Keep quiet how many days they will deliver 1mbps,2mbps? others are literally kicking their butt offering 10,12mbps

Then what the hell will those companies do with their Dakkan Copper? Provide 8Mbps? I think you haven't Gone through the articles.
The thing is Our sardar Manmohan(GOVT) wants India to compete with China (From what i Read in the articles) with Respect to the Broadband speeds and Internet Users.
It(copper) will die off as in the theory of evolution.
In simple terms why do u think pvt. copper operators are not investing in any kind of expansion in terms of rollout or as higher speed equipment?

Reliance has its own fiber Network.. Airtel's is in almost completion stage. They have their own Inter-City fiber System.

^ last mile fiber dude...its all about last mile.😛eaceful:
They will complete that also you have wait more 3-4years.

From the quote, it looks like the project is for connecting all taluks to New Delhi for e-governance. Not quite FTTH.