Govt readies "Right to Repair" norms to combat "Planned Obsolescence"

• Thread starter Thread starter tatyasky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 1,999
We need something like this for vehicles, too. I’m not sure if I can keep my diesel car beyond its 15 years now.. gadgets? People anyway dump their gadgets usually every two years.

I wonder if Xiaomi would make their camera codes available when a user installs a custom rom. There will be some loopholes to circumvent this law.

I think Mi & all other trash should be completely banned. They say "Don't use Chinese equipment like antennas on mobile towers" but at the same time "use chinese phones" 😂

Government is still thinking about it 🤔

What about government systems? Their websites & all the hardware they have in their offices which is useless? + Many more things in other sectors... Government is playing "Ek Tarfa Khel" 😂

While Banning may seem as an easy solution, but let's not forget that had it not been for these Chinese players, companies like Samsung would still be selling Jackass or J-series phones. The digital revolution, while many may credit it to Jio, but the Chinese vendors have played an important role in helping it penetrate to large masses. There is a reason Xiaomi is the #1 seller in India and has, to an extent, arm twisted Samsung to introduce M-series which has very much similar features to the Chinese phones.

I wish I worked at the top level of government temporarily because i think even i can do a better job with attracting investment for domestic manufacturing in India.

All i have to do is to convince the west that investing in India and setting up chip manufacturing and various other essential national security things in India is better than investing in China and i would use some muscle to beat the communists protestors and put them in jail for protesting against the Intel plant in Tamil Nadu. I just want to use a made in India phone bro. Just help me take over the Xiaomi plants in Tamil Nadu.

We are one big consumer. We need everything from routers to laptops to phones to super computers to poopg gaming graphics card to BASS TILL EAR DIES headphones.

Just ask your company to pay respectable compensation as retribution for the land and other resources acquired and you won't see any protests.

** Ensuring that the compensation reaches to the last concerned person and not gobbled up by politicians.

@Tejas01

My parents have some land in Tamil Nadu and the Tamil Nadu Government wants to buy it for peanuts so they can sell it to a foreign company so they tried to forcefully take it and there was no communists protesting against it. There are some thousand families affected by it and it's in the court for over 15 years.

They will buy land from you for silly amount and sell it at a profit.

They even have an agency named SIPCOT to steal lands.

I really understand it.

It all boils down to how much committed the concerned politician is. Compare the land pooling system of Andhra Pradesh, which was a success versus others. The reason for the former's popularity was due to provision of respectable compensation. Given the competing interests, it is very difficult to keep both sides happy.
But this is a rarity and also one of the reason why Chandra Babu Naidu lost the election. People with big pockets were unhappy with the proposal.

Source

Apple AirPods aren’t designed to be repaired. The company has made it impossible for the case to be opened without breaking it.