• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 2,270

ItsMe

Its Me only.
ISP
ADL
Govt now to take CAS all over India

The information and broadcasting (I&B) ministry on Tuesday decided in principle to extend the conditional access system (CAS) for television in a phased manner across the country.It was also decided that the I&B ministry will soon convene another meet to fix the datelines for the extension of CAS in the remaining areas of the three metros and also to 55 other cities which includes all state capitals.
Currently, CAS is operational throughout Chennai and in select notified zones in Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata. For consumers, the implementation of CAS implies that all cable TV viewers will soon have to shell out minimum of Rs 1,500 for Set-top-Boxes (STB) or take them on rentals ranging from Rs 50-Rs 150. The other option is to pay a higher sum for a DTH connection such as Dish TV and Tata-Sky.

Govt now to take CAS all over India- Media-Media / Entertainment -News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

hope its done soon. and hope that several meetings are not made just for deciding on date. because they are planning to give 6 months for implementation.